Sprint CEO Trash Talks T-Mobile On Twitter

When you have THE worst service in the country (spare the few anomalies of good service people say they get 1/20th of the time), I guess it's better to offer customer service to come to people's homes to setup new phones (older generations will like this), and bash the competitor that's stolen all your customers to a real network with better service and pricing which threw your company into 4th place by subscriber numbers overall! Why spend money fixing a problem, when you can just spend money and time to act like it doesn't exist? Right, Sprint?

T-mobile is much better than Sprint, at least in my region. My parents had sprint and switched because the service was so terrible. The phone calls were choppy even when signal was good. When they visited and tried to use the service near my home it was essentially unusable and I live in a relatively developed middle income suburb.

T-mobile consistently gives me 15-20mbit LTE during busy times, and at night I've seen speeds in excess of 50mbit. Phone calls aren't choppy and I have decent reception everywhere except in the center of my office building (middle floor) where there are no windows. I plow through 25-30 GB Data per month on their unlimited LTE plan and not a peep from them.

In my experiences and for what I've witnessed T-Mobile has been like a new Lexus, and Sprint has been like second hand Yugo.

Moved my girlfriend over from Sprint two weeks ago to TMobile.
Her service is considerably better now. Receiving text messages at the time I send them, instead of 5 minutes later at times, a long being able to stream Netflix to her phone.

My wife and I have been with T-Mobile for 12 years or so. The service wasn't always the greatest but the best for the price at the time. In recent years we've been huge fans with the features they give you and the coverage level at this point. I love it. I used 270GB of data one month on my unlimited plan streaming everything from my phone onto my TV as we have no cable in our area and don't like traditional TV services. Works great even out in the sticks here. Call clarity is great too.

Haven't had a single issue with T-Mobile in the several years I have had them as a carrier. I can call when I need to and I have had data coverage everywhere I've traveled to. Granted I don't use my phone as heavily as some users but their service has been spot on for me. I hope whoever eventually buys them doesn't turn them to shit.

Didn't Sprint just take away unlimited data? T-Mobile didn't and that maybe why Sprint is pissed cause they lost 1 million subscribers to T-Mobile. Sucks to be them.

Didn't Sprint just take away unlimited data? T-Mobile didn't and that maybe why Sprint is pissed cause they lost 1 million subscribers to T-Mobile. Sucks to be them.

They lost me to T-mo because they couldn't provide a decent 4G network in my area - an area they went heavy on WiMax only to abandon the system and stop selling WiMax enabled phones.

T-mobile has always been that carrier that myself and others regret having gone to whenever we were trying to save money. One of those things where it seemed like a good idea at first, but after awhile you remember why you were on Verizon/ATT before. Like, they're not bad by any stretch of the means, but they arent great, and nothing is more annoying than lack of coverage/speed when you need it most. Tmobile always netted me 10-20mbps wherever I sat, be it at home or the office, but thats not where I need 20mbps. I need 20mbps when I'm driving, or standing in a warehouse, or standing in the middle of nowhere, or in the basement of some office building, or in the corner of a very thick walled office building. You know, the times when I dont have a computer readily available. Those were the times were I either got no signal at all, or weak enough to the point that it was useless.

IMO Tmobile always gives the illusion of good service because people always test it under ideal circumstances. Even when they shine their pricing structure usually isnt anything significantly better than the competition. Avg cost for identical plans is maybe $15/month cheaper after taxes and fee's. If you're making decisions over $15/month you probably shouldnt be buying a smartphone or be concerned with high speed data in the first place, you cant afford it.

I have friends that had no service through Sprint even though they lived about 6 blocks from Sprint world headquarters. I also remember them complaining about having no service on their phones at the Sprint Center during a concert too. Kinda ironic. They moved to T-Mobile a couple of years ago and have been happy since.

Sprint and T-Mobile, for when you need service *some* of the time, in the city you bought the service.

I've never seen two people fight over "distant third" place in my life.

T-mobile has always been that carrier that myself and others regret having gone to whenever we were trying to save money. One of those things where it seemed like a good idea at first, but after awhile you remember why you were on Verizon/ATT before. Like, they're not bad by any stretch of the means, but they arent great, and nothing is more annoying than lack of coverage/speed when you need it most. Tmobile always netted me 10-20mbps wherever I sat, be it at home or the office, but thats not where I need 20mbps. I need 20mbps when I'm driving, or standing in a warehouse, or standing in the middle of nowhere, or in the basement of some office building, or in the corner of a very thick walled office building. You know, the times when I dont have a computer readily available. Those were the times were I either got no signal at all, or weak enough to the point that it was useless.

IMO Tmobile always gives the illusion of good service because people always test it under ideal circumstances. Even when they shine their pricing structure usually isnt anything significantly better than the competition. Avg cost for identical plans is maybe $15/month cheaper after taxes and fee's. If you're making decisions over $15/month you probably shouldnt be buying a smartphone or be concerned with high speed data in the first place, you cant afford it.
And everything you've said here depends on where you live and how often you use your service on the road. In other words, it's virtually meaningless as a generalization.

I happen to live in a specific location where all mobile service is highly limited but if I walk one block in any direction every service is equal. Now that T-Mobile's solved that problem by enabling WiFi calling on my Nexus 6, their service is absolutely perfect for my usage around the Portland [Oregon] Metro area.

I went from AT&T to T-mobile last year and I havent regretted it at all. The price is insanely cheaper considering how much data I use I had to go somewhere with unlimited data. I also love wifi calling on most of their new phones, at my work place where even other carriers have no service I can still get calls which is great. Service is about the same where I live, work and frequent so no problems here.

When you have THE worst service in the country (spare the few anomalies of good service people say they get 1/20th of the time), I guess it's better to offer customer service to come to people's homes to setup new phones (older generations will like this), and bash the competitor that's stolen all your customers to a real network with better service and pricing which threw your company into 4th place by subscriber numbers overall! Why spend money fixing a problem, when you can just spend money and time to act like it doesn't exist? Right, Sprint?

+1 I couldn't have said it any better.

I have sprint and right now with 4 bars of 4g lte I get 1.3 mbs down and .2 up the only reason I have it is its free though my work

I equate Sprint's unlimited data to leaving an empty bowl outside your front door on Halloween with a sign that says "please, take all you want"

Sprint should have never gotten rid of Nextel. Everyone uesed them down hear, go to any job site back In the mid 00s and just about every contractor had one.

All they had to do was keep the rugged phones and the walkie talkie part and switch them to a better network and they would have had a good niche

Sprint and T-Mobile, for when you need service *some* of the time, in the city you bought the service.

I've never seen two people fight over "distant third" place in my life.

Thats cause AT&T and Verizon are locked into 1 & 2 and outside of an act of Gov... not gonna change.

I dumped Sprint for Tmobile 2 years ago.
I can drive around San Diego and steam HD youtube in my car with no buffering at all.

Try harder, Sprint.

Sprint should have never gotten rid of Nextel. Everyone uesed them down hear, go to any job site back In the mid 00s and just about every contractor had one.

All they had to do was keep the rugged phones and the walkie talkie part and switch them to a better network and they would have had a good niche

Actually the problem was sprint didn't kill Nextel fast enough. It took them so long to consolidate and kill Nextel that the entire Nextel customer base they spent so much to aquire evaporated. Meanwhile because they took so long their own network to longer than others to build up and consolidate resulting in them being so far behind. You see very similar situations in AMD with the ATI merger. On paper it looks great but when it came time to execute the vision it takes them 5 years longer than it should of and they fall behind and end up in financial trouble.

Nextel was a dead-end purchase.

- Incompatible network
- Phones that only a mother could love, at relatively high prices,and no premium features.
- This locked them into: businesses and cheapskates who bought them just to PTT for free. No premium up-sells whatsoever, which is essential for rising to the top in a crowded market.
- Business customers using it for wireless asset tracking paid pretty well, but there was a limited market for this, and was not a growing market by the time Sprint bought them.

There was nothing else of value that Nextel had. Sprint paid way too much for that crap.

They underestimated their ability to incorporate PTT to work with CDMA. Sprint thought they could do it within a year or two, in reality it took over five years. It was incredibly hard to get the near instant performance that Nextel had. Verizon and AT&T both tried and even they couldn't get it right.

They underestimated their ability to incorporate PTT to work with CDMA. Sprint thought they could do it within a year or two, in reality it took over five years. It was incredibly hard to get the near instant performance that Nextel had. Verizon and AT&T both tried and even they couldn't get it right.

But in the end nobody cared once cell network capacity got better.

PTT's main advantage (aside from instant communication) was the fact that it only provided half the bandwidth of a regular phone call, and only for the duration that you pressed the button. You could handle a whole lot more peak customers if you encouraged them to use the PTT all the time (which is why it was free).

But the industry was quickly able to improve capacity for normal calls, and also things like texts pretty much reduced the need for more invasive PTT (let's be honest, who the hell wants their phone going off like a walkie talkie during dinnner?)

And Nextel had no idea where to go from there, and then Sprint bought them, and also had no idea where to go from there.

I have sprint and right now with 4 bars of 4g lte I get 1.3 mbs down and .2 up the only reason I have it is its free though my work

On Boost, Sprint prepaid without roaming.

x0o0Klv.png

Zero bars, still get 14Mbps download. No complaints.

I've seen sprint provide incredible u/d rates, but it's the exception. It's generally slow even with LTE. I'm seriously debating leaving my SERO plan and going with Cricket.

I've seen sprint provide incredible u/d rates, but it's the exception. It's generally slow even with LTE. I'm seriously debating leaving my SERO plan and going with Cricket.

Yeah, during the day it's a different story but it's not *horrible*... I find myself generally satisfied with the rates I get considering I'm paying less than 1/3rd what I was paying Verizon for worse coverage and less data in this city. Even if I end up dumping Sprint in the future for whatever reason, one thing I know for sure: I will NEVER go on Contract again.

I'm sure Sprint's CEO blasted Tmo over Twitter when a usable cell signal was finally found.
Tmo will respond when they can find one.

If you ever wondered how a fight between two morgue residents would go, well there you have it.

*Sent from my GSM LG G3 on Cricket in the heart of the Midwest where Sprint and Tmo signal are non-existent.

Ive lived in Idaho, Georgia and Texas over the past year going from the country to city and back again with T-mobile. Haven't had any issues. We buy our phones on ebay, with the 15% military discount we have unlimited everything on 4 phone lines at under $100 a month. I love it.

eh, i dont care about speed, features, or even coverage too much. I just want to text and enjoy some interwebs heres and there.

tmobile gives me unlimited text and interwebs for $25 or $30/month. easy choice for me.

Sprint was HORRIBLE for me so I took tmobile up on their offer and haven't looked back.

Was spending 160 a month with ATT for to lines. Switched to T-Mobile and spend $60 a month. Wifi calling actually works with T-Mobile versus ATT 3g tower router craptastic device they were selling at the time.

Back