Spring found in MX510

p0stal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
381
Well i decided to open up my mx510 to take the weight out to see if I liked it better. When i opened it up, there was a spring ( coiled with two ends sticking out, like that on a clothes pin) jus sitting inside of it. Is this spring used for something? Where does it go so I can fix it? how did it come loose? or is it just a random spring?!?!

Any Help is appreciated
 
It's probably for the buttons, to make them springy. Put it back together and see what isn't working and then it should become clear.
 
I can't say for sure but the only spring I can think of in a modern mouse would be the one that makes that click effect on the scroll wheel...

Is your scroll wheel still working normally? Does it still have a clicking feeling as you roll it?
 
the spring is for the wheel. without it, it probably wont operate properly. I opened up my MX500 a few weeks ago because I was bored :rolleyes:. That little sucker kept popping off, heh.
 
its for the wheel. if i was there, i could help you put it back together.... uh

just try to look, at least on the mice ive taken apart (only a regular old optical and an mx300, which is the same), it fit into place nicely
 
Yea the spring was for the scroll wheel...after a little looking around I figured out how it went in.
Thanks for all the help/suggestions! :D
 
Back
Top