Spring Break Pics (Maui, Hawaii)

Sweet man. What part of Maui is that? Make sure you take some pictures of Haleakala and the Seven Sacred Pools if you go by those places. You also need to drive the road to Hana. It is crazy. Keep up the good work!

I'm at the Embassy Suites on Kaanapali Beach.

I should be heading over to Hana later this week - I want to get into the rainforest and check out the waterfalls. They've gotten over 16" of rain this year (the avg is ~3" year), so the waterfalls are supposed to be crazy right now.

I went up into the crater of Haleakala last year, hopefully I'll make it back this time so I can take pics with my digital rebel.

Heh. Were you spying on that girl in the first picture from some bushes? ;)

Ok I'm back.

I have about 700 pics to sort through - will start uploading again soon.

Edit: Make that 883 pics to sort.

you might want to drop the sizes on those pics for the web. (1024 x 768 or so)

Is it just me (perhaps my monitor) or does the contrast seem a bit strong in some of the pictures?

Anyone with a Digital Rebel who can give me some tips/settings to try?

I was using a UV Filter and a circular polarizer for most of the pics.

Thanks.

Its funny, I recognize and have alot of the exact same pictures you have take on Maui.....

I stayed at that same Embassy Suites last January(2003). Make sure you take advantage of their happy hour from 3-5(i believe?) I remember they had Mai Tais and Rum Punches, along with chips and stuff. Got really wasted every night.

Maui rules, I will be going back May 2005 for my honeymoon. Do take the road to Hana, its amazying. Just don't go all the way around Maui if you have a rental(they specifically say in the contract not to drive all the way around maui), but we did anyways. In a god damn NEON. Lemme tell you, neons suck off road(the other side of Maui is like driving on the planet Mars). Make sure to stop in the rainforest parks on your way to Hana. They're beautiful.

Have fun, there's really no place quite like Maui

Thomas: I rented a 2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 soft top and it was a blast - best $50/day I've ever spent.

I did indeed drive ALL the way around the island. :) Went to Hana, 7 sacred pools, and a various other waterfalls, etc. I spent one day driving around the southern part (Hana), and about a half day driving around the northern part, which is where I found the guy who did those incredible sculptures (he literally lives on a mountain side).

The free drinks at the Embassy were from 4-6pm, I too got wasted every night (who wouldnt ;) ).

I'll most likely be going back the same time next year.

I've cropped, framed, etc. some of the better shots (will add more when I have time) here.

The thumbs might be easier for those of you with slower connections.

Yeah Hawaii is fun.

Im in Oahu right now, headed back to Texas A&M tomarrow evening. Will also have tons of pics to share.

Back