Spreadsheets 65k+?

flboad

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any spreadsheet programs that have more than 65,000 rows. I'm having a hard time find one. Seems like they dont exist

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Excel has 65536 (thats a whole 536 more) :p

OK, sorry I couldnt resist. Im not sure of any other programs that have more.

At that point, you probably should be using a database, or data-retrieval technology built into the spreadsheet program.

The data isn't excatly important enough for the higher ups to warrant the spending on a database. The thing is it's just market data and it just needs to be stored for later till the analyists get around to breaking it up and doing their thing.

"spending on a database"?

There's plenty of Free options out there...

flboad said:
The data isn't excatly important enough for the higher ups to warrant the spending on a database.
If you have the full copy of MS Office, doesn't it have Access? Would that work?

flboad said:
The data isn't excatly important enough for the higher ups to warrant the spending on a database. The thing is it's just market data and it just needs to be stored for later till the analyists get around to breaking it up and doing their thing.
If you have Excel, don't you also have Access?

I'm fully aware of the database options. Believe me if i could i would. They won't give me a machine to implement a database.(That's where they are saying money is a factor) So basically my hands are tied. I'm almost at the point of setting one up on my laptop. But that all together isn't the best way either.

Edit
Haha. Yeah Access would be nice, but it's not installed with these machines.
Only certain things are installed here or aloud to be installed.

Microsoft has an article on this. I think they suggest importing your file into separate worksheets in a single excel file. Like copying the first 65k rows into the first worksheet on another file, delete them then do it again with the 2nd 65k rows, I haven't done it myself tho.

I'm confused. What machine are you using to run Excel?

Oh well -- good luck!

Back