Spreading Firefox One Giant Sticker At A Time

HardOCP News

[H] News
Operation Firefox is currently recruiting “agents” to place three and a half foot Firefox stickers in places that promotes the characteristics of the browser: performance, security, customization, and community.

Are you ready to infiltrate society and spread Firefox one sticker at a time? Operation Firefox is currently recruiting agents to place huge 3.5’ Firefox stickers where the world will see them. In addition to worldwide notoriety, you might wind up with a new MacBook Pro or a Nintendo Wii.

So you have to pay $70 for a large sticker to place on a building or object (which may even get you fined or arrested) to compete with 50 other contestants in a vote so you can win a macbook pro or a nintendo wii?

Am I getting this right?

That, plus you have to do another stick (though they provide) and be one of the top four to win one of the prizes. So I pay 70 dollars, attempt to find a spot that will not get me in trouble yet win round one then do it again for round two. :rolleyes:

What a wonderful profit schema for Mozilla

"Hey, pay us money so you can spread propaganda."

They're removable. You can just put it up, take your picture, and remove it.

That Firefox "sticker" is made by www.fathead.com.

I have the Stewie one, actually...it's kinda cool. Though...once it's up, it doesn't really do much. I occasionally look at it and say "hey...that's cool..." and that's about it. They need to make Brian or Peter...

Better just hope they don't think you're a terrorist planting a bomb Cartoon Network style.

So you have to pay $70 for a large sticker to place on a building or object (which may even get you fined or arrested) to compete with 50 other contestants in a vote so you can win a macbook pro or a nintendo wii?

Am I getting this right?

Nope. I RTFA, which says that I have to send in a plan to the Mozilla people. They screen the plans from everybody for originality and legality, select the best 50, then send out a sticker to each of the 50 idea submitters free of charge.

Nope. I RTFA, which says that I have to send in a plan to the Mozilla people. They screen the plans from everybody for originality and legality, select the best 50, then send out a sticker to each of the 50 idea submitters free of charge.

Fair enough. So then in other words, thousands of people are doing free location marketing exposure research for them ;)

Fair enough. So then in other words, thousands of people are doing free location marketing exposure research for them ;)

Not a marketer, but yeah, that sounds about right.

My idea submission =
The girl in that link above + no clothing except a Firefox sticker + standing in front of my carwash :D

Actually, it doesn't cost you anything to be a potential winner. You submit your idea to the firefox team, then if they choose it as a worthy candidate, they send you one of the stickers free of charge.

Well, at least they are going to avoid the ATHF stunt, though it sure got publicity! :)

This was the first thought I had when I read this anyway, "they should be LED and light up!" Oh yeah, someone tried that already and Boston was, ummm, angry. :D

Back