Spray paint for case interior

Jellyfishpudding

Limp Gawd
Working on a project that calls for painting my Arc Mini case. I plan to have the exterior panels painted professionally, but have chosen to paint the interior myself. I did this with my current LIan Li case (image below) after simply cleaning the unpainted aluminum surface and spraying with a satin spray from Valspar.

The interior of the Arc case is painted black, so I'm wondering if I should use a primer spray this time before spraying with color. Also, I've only done this once. While it turned out well, I'd like to know about the successes any of you have had with other types of paints and steps you took to get your case looking great. I'm not opposed to spraying the outer panels myself. I'm just a bit more weary of doing it due to my being an inexperienced spray painter. I had the panels of my Lian Li powder coated, but that's not an option with the Arc since the front panel is plastic.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

ha.jpg

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

plasti-dip spray give a really nice coated appearance plus it helps sound dampen a bit.

other wise you would probably need to sand or media blast the interior of the Arc Midi (same case i have btw) and then use a primer before painting to ensure a smooth finish since the excising painted interior surface isn't smooth and a new color on top wouldn't cover it up as well otherwise

Don't sand to bare metal. Give all paint a light scuff using 300g sandpaper to remove any sheen. Bathe the case in hot soapy water to remove any oil traces, then paint over that.

Make sure to use a metal paint on metal pieces (rustoleum, tremclad work well) And a plastic paint on the plastic ones (Krylon, Fusion - which is quite thin and runny).

Back