Spouse Monitoring Software

jtr8178

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a recomendation on software that runs in the background to log keystrokes, take some screenshots when in use, and other minor features. Sounds like one of our employee's isn't trusting the husband too much.

It is an old computer -- single core processor. Again, she isn't very tech savvy so I need an easy solution. The husband isn't either.

I see all the various versions that are out there, but I'd like to see if anyone has any experience with any of them. Obviously a freeware version would be best.

I personally wouldn't get involved in this kind of thing; reeks of illegality, and you don't want to end up an accomplice because you told her how to do it.

I honestly don't mind getting involved. I like drama in my life. :)

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

i have used refog before and it works quite well. it was for employee monitoring and they knew about it.

Monitoring an employee that has signed an electronic communication policy or some other waiver, and monitoring some possibly errant husband are two different things. Depending on the jurisdiction it could be illegal. Proceed at your own risk.

Monitoring an employee that has signed an electronic communication policy or some other waiver, and monitoring some possibly errant husband are two different things. Depending on the jurisdiction it could be illegal. Proceed at your own risk.

+1 Whats done in the office is one thing, intruding someone's personal privacy wether the spouse grants permission or not is illegal.

Personally, I say let them figure their own stuff out. You could ruin your own life, just because they have a crappy marriage.

What happens when the wife finds out he is cheating thanks to your illegal monitoring and then kills him? I'm glad you don't mind drama because you'll get plenty of it in prison while you're getting anally penetrated.

I've warned all of my clients who have done this about it - they purchase and install it themselves.

Legality of it is rapidly changing and evolving lately. In states where infidelity is fault for divorce, cases have already been ruled where proof of an affair found through electronic records has been used.

if a marriage has reached the "installing a keylogger" phase, it's already really over... grow up, file for divorce and move on...

btw, any evidence illegally obtained will not be admissible anyway and the vast majority of states have anti-wiretapping and eavesdropping laws with hefty fines/prison sentences... soooo good luck with that....

if a marriage has reached the "installing a keylogger" phase, it's already really over... grow up, file for divorce and move on...

btw, any evidence illegally obtained will not be admissible anyway and the vast majority of states have anti-wiretapping and eavesdropping laws with hefty fines/prison sentences... soooo good luck with that....
Yes, but in a marriage, where the computer is owned by both parties, all it takes is the consent of one.

But the safest course of action for the OP is to make the recommendation to the spouse and leave it at that.

.....I'm glad you don't mind drama because you'll get plenty of it in prison while you're getting anally penetrated.

I literally have tears streaming down my face here!:D

On a serious note though, irrespective of whether or not you don`t mind drama, in this case and any like it, STAY WELL CLEAR!

I really doubt it`s worth all/any hassle that may or may not come your way in the future.

actually, whether the property is mutually owned or not, invasion of his privacy is still illegal. By the way, does anyone think that Hard forum could get in trouble for this convo being here?

actually, whether the property is mutually owned or not, invasion of his privacy is still illegal. By the way, does anyone think that Hard forum could get in trouble for this convo being here?
It's not actually; In order to invade it, you must first prove that privacy existed between the two parties. As the computer belongs to both parties, and the parties are married, there is no expectation of privacy.

The OP is largely protected by this concept if he works at the behest of one of the parties that owns the computer, but even then he might get involved via a disposition or something. Which is why it's best to make the recommendation and let one of the owners do the actual install.

As far as the forums getting into trouble; no. The discussion of legal activities would not expose Kyle and the forums to any criminal action, although that is not to say someone doesn't get sue happy about things and bring suit against him. Most of the time, forums will discourage these kinds of discussions not because they are worried about being found guilty of illegal activity, but because lawsuits and the like ( even frivolous ones ) are painfully expensive, so it's best to avoid them altogether if you can.

You cant be held as an accomplice sharing information publicly and freely using your 1st Amendment Constitutional Right if you are American. Period.

So without fear of self-incrimination please do tell how to do this.

Lastly it is not yours or anyone's responsibility to know what is legal and not legal in regards to what this member chooses to do with this information. It is not against the rules of the forums to discuss legally sold software however what an end user chooses to use said software for is another story and not for us to worry about. It is up to the local laws of his community, state, city, country, etc... and he/she will then be responsible for violating those laws.

I could easily ask all of you what the best most chemical laden brand of canned air duster is and NOT ONE of you would harp on me about legality because it would be up to me choose to sniff it and get high and not for you to know or care. That is up to my local law enforcement to deal with.

So I respectfully ask everyone to stand down from pretending to be an attorney and geek out and just answer the damn question. He isnt asking how to steal a copy of "The lion King" off of some piracy website so therefore tell him what you recommend for legally purchasable software.

Last edited:
Yes, but in a marriage, where the computer is owned by both parties, all it takes is the consent of one.

In all jurisdictions, everywhere? How should he go about determining whether or not the computer is separate or community property? How about situations wherein property is held as a concurrent estate? What does your IJP (internet juris doctorate) recommend?

You cant be held as an accomplice sharing information publicly and freely using your 1st Amendment Constitutional Right if you are American. Period.

So without fear of self-incrimination please do tell how to do this.

I've never seen someone conflate the first and fifth amendments - nicely done. You don't appear to really understand either.

As an actual attorney, I would highly suggest that you talk to one in your particular area of the world. Moreover, if you're doing this at work, using company resources and time, I suggest you clear your actions with your management. At a minimum, you may be risking your livelihood and depending on the particular statutes in place, you may be risking your freedom. Or, do what you want, because you probably will anyway.

In all jurisdictions, everywhere? How should he go about determining whether or not the computer is separate or community property? How about situations wherein property is held as a concurrent estate? What does your IJP (internet juris doctorate) recommend?
Or what if the computer is actually a work PC, purchased on a stipend?

If the OP didn't give that information, I'm not going to play the "what if" game. OP came here looking for generic advice, and that is what I offered.

I've never seen someone conflate the first and fifth amendments - nicely done. You don't appear to really understand either.

As an actual attorney, I would highly suggest that you talk to one in your particular area of the world. Moreover, if you're doing this at work, using company resources and time, I suggest you clear your actions with your management. At a minimum, you may be risking your livelihood and depending on the particular statutes in place, you may be risking your freedom. Or, do what you want, because you probably will anyway.

You get your degree in Constitutional law from wiki lol??

Lmao at your fail to read the whole thread.

One member was scared he was going to be held as accomplice to a crime. I disagreed as he is not allowed to be harmed by people like you due to his freedom to speak freely about anything on earth. Secondly I was not referring to the 5th amendment as in response to another member I was letting them know they cant be self incriminated by offering a legal software option. Please refrai. From.us

Last edited:
Fuck it. I cant type on a cell phone on this forum. Too many damn typos and i wont buy tapatalk

Is there any kids involved? You could install a child parental control type software and if ever it comes out you just say it was for the children.

People are always ok when it's to protect the children. :D

Is there any kids involved? You could install a child parental control type software and if ever it comes out you just say it was for the children.

People are always ok when it's to protect the children. :D

Apparently this was a dead thread and someone brought it back to life, So no good sticking around RS :p

Back