Sports games... where are they?

didn't they get in trouble for bribing some leagues to corner the market or something at some point?

Not enough trouble. They basically bought the nfl rights. Don't know about others but nfl 2k5 was a great game.

Sports games are another victim of EA

This is what I thought. Didn't EA buy the sole license to the NFL? So if their are no NFL games on the PC, it's 100% EA's fault. No surprise their, given their track record with PC gamers.

As for MLB, NBA, etc... I have no idea.

Not enough trouble. They basically bought the nfl rights. Don't know about others but nfl 2k5 was a great game.

People are mad at EA but they should really direct their anger at the NFL. The NFL control the rights and are the ones that allowed EA to get an exclusive deal.
The NBA said fuck you we want good games through competition to EA when they asked for an exclusive agreement.

I finally got fully into pc gaming, got me a 7970 and a 360 controller and ready to drop console gaming completely but there is a giant void in the sports category. Luckily my favorite sport is taken care of (NBA2K13) but damn, no baseball, no football, no golf... are pc gamers just not into sports games? Or do pc gamers buy consoles just for their sports fix?

Buy a console. Seriously , unless its racing and/or flying the PC is a terrible platform for sports games. It sucks but since EA makes the most popular ones they basically hate doing console ports for anything other than Battlefield and Crysis so yea..

Football (or American Soccer) is pretty good on the PC...especially FIFA since EA allows modding. There are a lot of great manager games out there as well to include Football Manager and Out of the Park (MLB sim)

Back