Spore....

Moose777

2[H]4U
WTF?

I installed Windows Vista a while back. It killed my install of Spore. So, today I finally get around to re-installing Spore and my saved game is gone.

Why does spore do this? Is there a way for me to retrieve my saved game from EAs' website?

Why would your saved game be on their website? Save files are contained on your computer, so if you failed to back them up when you reinstalled Windows, that's your fault.

I think you are pretty much SOL on this one.

Good reason to make an OS partition and a partition where to keep other things.

How many games are you aware of that store your saved games remotely? Only thing I can think of is Steam cloud, but thats just for settings.

That's the thing though, I didn't format the thing. Just updated XP to Vista. All my other save games from other games are still there, just for some stupid reason, Spore isn't.

That's the thing though, I didn't format the thing. Just updated XP to Vista. All my other save games from other games are still there, just for some stupid reason, Spore isn't.

Maybe it's still there, just moved to a different directory.

Its a long shot but look for a folder called Windows.Old. You may be able to find the saved game in that providing you didn't reformat and just updated to Vista.

How many games are you aware of that store your saved games remotely? Only thing I can think of is Steam cloud, but thats just for settings.

No it saves saved games too, at least that what is says its supposed to do.

It would be in teh Windows.old folder.

An upgrade install rewrites all of the user personal files (ie, everything in the Documents & Settings directory and subdirectories)

Go to Windows.old > Documents & Settings > your name > My Documents > My Spore Creations (i think)

Yeah, I looked in that folder too. They are gone. This isn't the first time this has happened to me with Spore. It happened once before the day I got it. I kept hitting the save button while I was playing and then the next day I went to reload my saved game and it was gone.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and ask the obvious: have you tried a file search for "spore"? :p

On a side note, I believe some games store their default saved games in different locations depending on XP or Vista. They use environment defaults so depending on the OS that location may change.

Back