[Sponsored] Project Metallic Sky

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
Project Metallic Sky​

Personal Introduction

Hello Everyone! I'd like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Nathan, better known on Instagram as @MapleSyrupMods and I'm a PC Builder based out of Canada. I've been building PCs for the last 17 years, but only recently started documenting them in the last few. Well I am new to posting here, I am not new to these forums. I have been browsing them for years but never been one to post.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get on to why your viewing this thread.​

Build Introduction

For this build, I have chosen to go with a royal blue/silver colour theme. The idea behind these colours is to create a very clean(ocd, p0pe level), simplistic and high end look. The modifications to the chassis will be very subtle. From this, I have chosen to go with the following parts; But first, I would like to thank the companies that have sponsored me and entrusted to build something that they can be proud to say the represented.​

Sponsors

AMD​
Hyper X
Main Frame Customs​

Hardware

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass - Galaxy Silver

Power Supply - Corsair AX860i

CPU - AMD Ryzen 1700X

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB LED DDR4 3000Mhz

Motherboard - Asus Crosshair Hero VI

Hard Drive - (2) Hyper X Predator 960GB M.2 drives

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

Watercooling:

Fittings - Bitspower 12mm in Royal Blue

Waterblocks - EKWB Crosshair Hero VI X370 Monoblock

Radiators - EKWB SE 360 & 240

Pump - Laing D5 with Bitspower Royal Blue MOD kit

Pump Top - Bitspower

Reservoir - Bitspower Acrylic 150mm

Tubing - 12mm copper chrome plated hard tube

Fluid: Mayhems Pastel Grey​

Begin:

The build on the front and back side of the case will look very minimalistic. I have used Hans Peder Sahl(p0Pe) as an inspiration for this build and he has graciously assisted me with some ideas which you may see some resemblance. He is a master of clean looks and a man after my own heart. The cable management is where it will really stand out. I have always enjoyed making custom cables for my builds and have a pet peeve for extra unneeded cable.

I will forego your typical stock box photos as anyone reading this build thread has already seen what they look like. Let's skip to the pictures where I have assembled them onto the motherboard for validation.

IMG_1644.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

Water Blocks

Now that the system components were validated and everything working fine, barring a update to the bios to get the RAM to run at correct speeds, I took some time to get the EKWB Monoblock installed. I've always liked the look on the monoblocks and decided that this would help bring some silver back into an already dark board.
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

It definitely does not disappoint
DSC_0016.jpg

Installation is straight forward, and found everything easy except for screwing it in on the backside. Seem's there is no easy way to install this as you need to hold the block in place, hope that its centred and flip it over. What I did was align the block on the board and put the board on the motherboard box. This allowed me to slide the board 2/3 off the box and insert the screws without risking screwing up the thermal pads and thermal paste.​

DSC_0017.jpg

No longer needed
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg

With the Monoblock installed, Over the weekend, II will be sleeving the RGB cable for the LED's on the block, as well as installing the water block on the GPU. Here are a couple pictures to show the block installed as well as an idea of where I'm headed with two of the fittings installed.
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg

Reactions: drklu
like this
Back