[SPOILERS] Quake4 Screenshot Thread

Volume

2[H]4U
Thought I'd start one up. Be aware that posted screenshots may give away parts of the game you'd maybe rather discover on your own time.

POST AWAY.

Q41.jpg

Q42.jpg

Q43.jpg

At first I thought he was making some kind of joke and posting Doom 3 screenshots ! :eek:

Stereophile said:
At first I thought he was making some kind of joke and posting Doom 3 screenshots ! :eek:
No those are Q4 but the game really looks like Doom 3.5. Still good tho. ;)

looks exactly like doom3. very dark. What a joke. I don't mind the fact they are just remaking quake 2 but at least brigten it up!!! :rolleyes:

Ron1jed said:
looks exactly like doom3. very dark. What a joke. I don't mind the fact they are just remaking quake 2 but at least brigten it up!!! :rolleyes:
That's just one hallway. Most of the game is brighter. I'll post more tomorrow ;)

PerfectCr said:
No those are Q4 but the game really looks like Doom 3.5. Still good tho. ;)

Yeah I saw the bottom pic first and thought doom3 for sure but scrolled up and didn't recognize the first two.

Damn we might have people posting pics if the thread title didn't have spoiler in it. The views are very low too. :(

These guys are the coolest I've come across so far. Neat electrical effect when they hit the ground (and, judging from the ss... it travels through the ground and shocks you... didn't really notice it in-game).
q4-2.jpg

q4-1.jpg

q4-3.jpg

q4-7.jpg

One of a few scripted scenes i've come to so far.
q4-8.jpg

This is the corpse-going-away thing (whatever you wanna call it).
q4-9.jpg

Sorry if they suck... I was trying not to die and still get some good shots.
BTW, I'm at 1280x1024 high quality w/ no AA

Looking great so far. That gory half of a man in the opening cinematic was one of the coolest ways I've seen a game be started out. Had professional cinematic quality if you know what I mean.

As for those saying it looks like Doom3, I've watched a friend play Quake4 and it really holds its own ground. Didn't remind me of Doom3 at all. Especially since this time, you're interacting with allies.

Back