• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Splitting PC Speaker Input

Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
49
I have a pretty decent-sounding set of speakers, and I'd like to be able to hook up my PC, XBOX 360, and PS2 to it (I have all three connected to my PC monitor, which has no speakers, which would output junk anyway). The problem is, the speaker system only has one input jack.

For the 360 and PS2, I'm using 2-RCA-female-to-3.5mm-female cables. I really haven't found much in the way of a 3.5mm female-to-2-male (or 3-male) splitter cable aside from a select few on eBay. What are my best bets for finding one online or otherwise? Radioshack seems like the place that'd have it.

Also, are there any negative effects by using such a cable? I read something along the lines of one of the outputs being stereo and then the other two outputs being mono. Also, can I connect the cable to another cable of the same type to allow for three inputs like I'm trying to get? Would that further degrade the sound quality? Thanks.
 
I assume the set of speakers you are talking about are computer speakers? If they are, just get a sound card with a few imputs, or a home theater reciever. Or just a simple splitter (Several imputs, one output, turn a dial to the imput you want to hear)

I reccomend the splitter.
 
Back
Top