Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow LAN

loop

Weaksauce
I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favour and find out if you can have LAN games of Pandora Tomorrow with everyone using the same copy.
I sent an e-mail to Ubisoft about it but they never got back to me.
Me and my brothers have fallen in love with the multiplayer demo and have been playing it constantly and are keen to start using the full game but if we can get away with buying one copy it would be nice.

Originally posted by loop
I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favour and find out if you can have LAN games of Pandora Tomorrow with everyone using the same copy.

do ubisoft a favour and dont rip them off :)

If we have to buy a copy each then we'll buy a copy each, if we don't we won't. I'm not looking for a debate on whether it's morally right or not just a technical answer.

Originally posted by loop
If we have to buy a copy each then we'll buy a copy each, if we don't we won't. I'm not looking for a debate on whether it's morally right or not just a technical answer.

yes you made that clear. and to clarify, im not here to help you, im here to crap on your thread. anyone who supports the gaming industry will not help you. :)

I asked around on some other forums and according to them you can have LAN games of Pandora Tomorrow using only one copy of the game.

if you were reasonably intelligent you would know that not one game requires more than 1 bought copy of the game for lan play.

Originally posted by doh-nut
if you were reasonably intelligent you would know that not one game requires more than 1 bought copy of the game for lan play.

huh?

if you mean to say that all games out there can be played over LAN w/ one copy, you're wrong. Raven Shield is a good example of a Ubisoft game even, that requires each player to have their own retail copy.

Of course there are ways to crack just about any system.

And to the original poster: why not just go buy one copy, and find out. If it doesn't work, go buy another. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by NickTheNut
huh?

if you mean to say that all games out there can be played over LAN w/ one copy, you're wrong. Raven Shield is a good example of a Ubisoft game even, that requires each player to have their own retail copy.

like i said, if the person is reasonably intelligent, he can get it working.

ravenshield didn't let me and my friends play ravenshield legitimately over a lan. i had to find a way around this protection to play, with the knowledge i have now though, i could run ravenshield via any lan with just one copy to distribute. still though, dont get me wrong, i wasn't forced to do anything illegal. but now its simple to get ravenshield to work over lan, connected to the net or not. i just had to apply some intelligence.

like i said, if the person is reasonably intelligent, he can get it working.

ravenshield didn't let me and my friends play ravenshield legitimately over a lan. i had to find a way around this protection to play, with the knowledge i have now though, i could run ravenshield via any lan with just one copy to distribute. still though, dont get me wrong, i wasn't forced to do anything illegal. but now its simple to get ravenshield to work over lan, connected to the net or not. i just had to apply some intelligence.

So if you've done it before, what makes you think you can crap on this guy's thread.

You're a dorkus.

You can play on LAN with one copy. Just did this past weekend. Fun stuff.

still though, dont get me wrong, i wasn't forced to do anything illegal.

um, installing one copy of a game on many people's computer *is* illegal. Sorry for being the one to break it to ya.

um, installing one copy of a game on many people's computer *is* illegal. Sorry for being the one to break it to ya.

i knew you were going to reply like this. but like i said before, i got it to work legitmately with my friends. but now i HAVE the knowledge to be able to do it illegitmately(with one copy) and you if you dont understand the irony there(you dont) ill explain it to you. me and my friends legitmately bought the game, but because of ubisoft's screwups to try and protect the game, we had to learn ways to bypass it, so it only gave us knowledge that could hurt ubi in the future.

and ill crap on this software pirate's thread whenever i feel like it, understand?

i knew you were going to reply like this. but like i said before, i got it to work legitmately with my friends. but now i HAVE the knowledge to be able to do it illegitmately(with one copy) and you if you dont understand the irony there(you dont) ill explain it to you. me and my friends legitmately bought the game, but because of ubisoft's screwups to try and protect the game, we had to learn ways to bypass it, so it only gave us knowledge that could hurt ubi in the future.

it must be beyond me how you could *legitmately install one copy of a game - from one cd (well 2 in this case), on many people's computers, and play it via LAN together. (edit: okay so now i read more, and noticed the ending. Jumped the guns there, i'll admit. but still: read down a bit more, and see why I'm confused)

*keyword right there

oh and i would hardly call ubisoft trying to protect their software from illegal use a screw up. My friend's and I all bought Ravenshield, each of us on our own, and we can play it fine over a LAN, completely legit, w/ no cracking involved. We haven't tried the same with any other Ubi game yet.

and ill crap on this software pirate's thread whenever i feel like it, understand?

i agree. this thread should actually be locked anyways.

and before things get TO heated, let me emphasize what I said at the beginning:

so whether a legal or illegal copy was cracked, it doesn't matter. They're always ways around it, and people will always do it, legally or illegaly. It all depends on what the crack does, and other such things.

it must be beyond me how you could *legitmately install one copy of a game - from one cd (well 2 in this case), on many people's computers, and play it via LAN together. (edit: okay so now i read more, and noticed the ending. Jumped the guns there, i'll admit. but still: read down a bit more, and see why I'm confused)

*keyword right there

oh and i would hardly call ubisoft trying to protect their software from illegal use a screw up. My friend's and I all bought Ravenshield, each of us on our own, and we can play it fine over a LAN, completely legit, w/ no cracking involved. We haven't tried the same with any other Ubi game yet.

i agree. this thread should actually be locked anyways.

yes, lan play with internet plugged in is easy. but have you tried playing lan play on a network not connected to the internet?

yes, lan play with internet plugged in is easy. but have you tried playing lan play on a network not connected to the internet?

no, every LAN we have is connected to the internet. I'm going to take a wild stab at this one, and guess that it doesn't work right? :D

It's not as protected like Raven Shield is. It dosent go out to some ubisoft server to make sure you're legit.

I haven't played online yet, only LAN but ive been on networks both connected and dissconnected to the net and the game still works both ways.

Thank you to everyone that's been helpful. I've ordered a copy and it should be with me in a few days.
I had to jump through merry hoops getting Raven Shield to work on my LAN with only one copy. That's mainly why I asked since it seems more games are moving that way. Long gone are the days of quake and doom where it wouldn't care if the CD was even in the drive let alone individual copies.
Ah well, I can but reminisce.

If you want to play legally, go buy and tell your friends too.

If you want to play illegally there are many ways to go about it, and its not that hard nor does it make you a super L33t hax0r because you got around the copy potection.

Loop's question was a valid one. I'm currently at college and I don't have a ton of money...

Originally posted by SuX0rz
If you want to play legally, go buy and tell your friends too.

If you want to play illegally there are many ways to go about it, and its not that hard nor does it make you a super L33t hax0r because you got around the copy potection.

Loop's question was a valid one. I'm currently at college and I don't have a ton of money...

sorry, but just because you're in college and don't have a lot of money does not make it okay to warez. That is definitly not a valid excuse. An excuse I understand none-the-less, being a poor college student myself. Even if you're not downloading it, or receiving a copy. Using the same copy of the game on many computers is still considered that.

wtf is wrong with you people? The original poster was not asking about warez or cracking or anything of that nature. He was simply asking whether SC:pT allows you to use multiple installations for LAN play, which used to be the de facto standard. Just answer his question or shut up.

-Ace-

Originally posted by AceTKK
wtf is wrong with you people? The original poster was not asking about warez or cracking or anything of that nature. He was simply asking whether SC:pT allows you to use multiple installations for LAN play, which used to be the de facto standard. Just answer his question or shut up.

-Ace-

you aren't that dense are you? he stated that he and his brothers want to play splinter cell MP lan play together. he wanted to know if its possible to play LAN play with just one copy and installing it on multiple machines, if it was true he would buy just 1 copy. now can you guess whats going to happen next?

of course we all dont know for sure. for all we know, he could have just been asking purely to gain knowledge and has no intent to exploit anything based on the information, but there is also a possibility that you are dressed in drag right now and are fapping furiously while reading my post

i really dont feel bad disrespecting this guy though. hes part of the reason pc games haven't progressed in technology and improved quality as fast as they could have.

but there is also a possibility that you are dressed in drag right now and are fapping furiously while reading my post

when i get more time, that is most definitly getting sigged! oh man, hilarious! :)

also, AceTKK: yes, it is and was legal to do that, but only if the software comes w/ the ability. Such as Diablo and starcraft, w/ their what was it called.. Spawn copies correct? but I have never heard of any de facto standard that allowed for this. Infact, I've only heard of companie's replying to questions such as the original w/ the responce of "go buy two copies". Than again, I can't back up any of that w/ hard evidence, but does it really matter?

sorry, but just because you're in college and don't have a lot of money does not make it okay to warez. That is definitly not a valid excuse. An excuse I understand none-the-less, being a poor college student myself. Even if you're not downloading it, or receiving a copy. Using the same copy of the game on many computers is still considered that.

For me that is a great excuse and I'll continue to use it, thanks though. Whether I pirate games or not is not the topic of this thread so focus on the question at hand.

Originally posted by SuX0rz
For me that is a great excuse and I'll continue to use it, thanks though. Whether I pirate games or not is not the topic of this thread so focus on the question at hand.

if you think you can detach a technical question from your illegal warez operations without someone wondering why, then you really are clueless as the idiots you take us for. with the knowledge of what the answer to the question would be used for, someone would have to help this topic poster knowing full well that he and the poster are not only supporting software piracy, which rips off hard working people, but are also hindering the progress of future games and gaming technology which is what legitimate pc gamers pay money to have.

so no, an intelligent PC gamer shouldn't focus on the question at hand.

so no, an intelligent PC gamer shouldn't focus on the question at hand.

agreed.

It's the natural progression of a discussion that's going on. There's no use to hide from it. And considering the "question at hand" was answered a while ago. This thread should be allowed to quietly fade away. Though I doubt i'll be the one to start allowing for that, on my end. lol. :)

far cry is one of the best games i have ever played. just like knights of the old republic is great so is far cry.

internet arguements are so interesting:eek: :eek: :p

Watch me

*Hide*

:p

I'll try and remember my favorite antidrug commercial the next time I'm offered warez...

Frinds are good
Hampsters are good
Bithdays are real good
Warez are bad, I'd never do warez

Far Cry is a great game.

ok well while everyone is being a flamer I have a question. How much fun is Mulitplay on Pandora Tomarrow? I loved the first one and seeing multiplayer made me want to shit my pants. If its any good, I'm buying an X-box just for this game (and well maybe Halo and Ninja Gaiden).

Originally posted by Xenomaniac
ok well while everyone is being a flamer I have a question. How much fun is Mulitplay on Pandora Tomarrow? I loved the first one and seeing multiplayer made me want to shit my pants. If its any good, I'm buying an X-box just for this game (and well maybe Halo and Ninja Gaiden).

I've played a little bit of it and probably will play much more at a lan party I'm going to in about a week. I think its pretty cool and different, which is refeshing from games like UT2004(not knocking on it at all because its a great game too). Just out of curiosity, why not get the PC version?

Originally posted by JeanClaude

internet arguements are so interesting:eek: :eek: :p

heh well there was no argument in this thread because theres nothing to argue.

Back