• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SPKR + AMP

ghitz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
128
Hi all,
so I spent countless hours on this forum researching but I wanted to get some recommendation. I tested all these systems at my house: M-Audio AV40, KRK Rokit 5, KRK Rokit 6 and currently running Audioengine A5 for 3 days now. I'm currently using X-Fi titanium as a source but taking delivery of uDAC2 tomorrow so that will be my new source. The A5s so far provides best sound for me (I listen to trance and some new pop) and I like that they are quite compact, they do get scorching hot when playing them loud for ~40 min (not worried they have 3 year warranty if I keep them).
But I'm still not satisfied.
My budget is about ~600 what bookshelf + Amp do you recommend? Anybody have the Klipsch RB-51 II , they are perfect size for me. Thanks in advance for your input.
 
Sometimes the mids don't sound right to me (higher frequency drums) and they bottom out on the low end (I ran them with a Polk 8" sub and they are much better) but I'm wondering if I can do better without a sub using separate components (bookshelf_+amp). I know this is such a subjective matter but wanted to know what routes some of you took from active to passive. I'm sorry if this was beaten into the ground already many times.
 
I wouldn't concern yourself with passive/active too much.

It seems you like powered monitors. Give the NHT M00 a shot, they are $500/pr. If you buy them new, break them in for 10-25 hours first.
 
I wouldn't concern yourself with passive/active too much.

It seems you like powered monitors. Give the NHT M00 a shot, they are $500/pr. If you buy them new, break them in for 10-25 hours first.

Thanks 450 will look into those.
 
Do you like the sound of those two?

Have you considered B&W's bookshelf speakers?
 
Do you like the sound of those two?

Have you considered B&W's bookshelf speakers?

Yeah they are pretty amazing. There is the CM1but they are way too much. I may check out Energy CB10s ( I heard these in BB the other day, nice) and scope out a stereo amp.
 
SVS also makes good subwoofers as well. But they are also expensive.
 
Back
Top