spinner grills

demons9872

Gawd
looking for some 80mm fan grills but want spinners like in nfsu2 gonna make a case thened with that game any ideas how to make then or anywere i could buy some

never seen them before, you are probably gonna have to custom make them. but the only hard part should be making it all shinny(sarcasm). maybe cut some aluminum and give the spinners something to mount to, then cut a hole in the center and i belive they sell ball bearing screw in type things at your local hardware store for small spinning things, which is basically what you are gonna do

you'll definately be making your own grills, however it's easy once you figure out how to get an axle going for the raised grill

SpangeMonkee said:
wouldn't a spinner grill kinda defeat the purpose of a grill?
I doubt that the spnner grill would be turning as fast as the case fan is (that would be pretty funny). Therefore, I can't imagine the spinning grill being capable of cutting somebody's fingers :D .

i got it figured out im gonna get just some good looking 80 mm fan grills and make my own lil spinner things out of aluminum and use the motors out of these lil 20mm or smaller fans i pulled from an old hdd cooler to make them spin ther will be no fan behind these i just wanted something to look like spinning wheels on this new mod gonna start a worklog soon
no worry on cutting any ones fingers off im gonna volt mod these fans to run @ the lowest rpm they can like 100rpm maybe a lil more

demons9872 said:
i got it figured out im gonna get just some good looking 80 mm fan grills and make my own lil spinner things out of aluminum and use the motors out of these lil 20mm or smaller fans i pulled from an old hdd cooler to make them spin ther will be no fan behind these i just wanted something to look like spinning wheels on this new mod gonna start a worklog soon
no worry on cutting any ones fingers off im gonna volt mod these fans to run @ the lowest rpm they can like 100rpm maybe a lil more

you should try a few at first. some motors won't operate on a lower voltage. you might just wanna strip a motor out of something really small and kit-bash for the wheels.

Why don't you use the airflow to spin the spinner? Use some bearings and pitch the spinner blades to mimic a propeller. It may take some tweaking to get the spin rate to what you want, but it'll probably look cleaner and might end up being much easier to do.

-p

I have a vary good idea on how you can make it work but the way i type you well get lost half way in to be saying it.

EDIT,

Heres my idea glue the spinner right to the fan.
idea4lm.jpg

not worried about air flow with thes 4 fan grills there just there to represent tires this is going to be a mod based on nfsu2

your on your own on making the spiner, but i would say deff use a 60mm duel bearing fan as the base, or even 40mm. just cut off the fins and you have a perfect axle. the slim fans would probably be good. as for the slower speed, if you weight them down and run them off 7v or 5v they will spin realy slow

if you do a good job with polishing, this could look REALY cool.

maybe you could get a full sized spiner and put it in the window....

demons9872 said:
grills are gonna be based on these thanxs for the link http://www.icedoutgear.com/PN230.php

Oh hell NO! Spinners on car's aren't tacky enough, downloading the spinner wallpaper for your cell phone doesn't show the world how much a pimp you are... now you can buy a necklace of one too? What's next, someone wearing a huge wall clock as a necklace?

Does anyone have a dead Athlon 64 San Diego that I can have, I'm gonna get the sucker gold plated and wear it as a pendant! Then I'm gonna find a way to mod a blue LED into my gold tooth.

BellaCroix said:
Oh hell NO! Spinners on car's aren't tacky enough, downloading the spinner wallpaper for your cell phone doesn't show the world how much a pimp you are... now you can buy a necklace of one too? What's next, someone wearing a huge wall clock as a necklace?

Does anyone have a dead Athlon 64 San Diego that I can have, I'm gonna get the sucker gold plated and wear it as a pendant! Then I'm gonna find a way to mod a blue LED into my gold tooth.

lol already did it with a dead celeron and paper clips :p

demons9872 said:
are u picking on my grills

Nope... I understand where you're going with that and, since the game you're using as a theme has those garrish things EVERYWHERE, I think it's a great idea.

I'm picking on the idea of a necklace made to look like a spinner.

sabrewolf732 said:
lol already did it with a dead celeron and paper clips :p

Nothing's sacred anymore! Do you get extra pimpin' points if you overclock your necklace?

How pimpin' is an old Ninento powerglove? C'mon... I knocked out Mike Tyson wearing that thing... now that's [H]!

Im a uber pimp, celeron necklace, nintendo powerglove, and the old nes gun in my pocket in case I have to shoot a bitch

:p

Nothing's sacred anymore! Do you get extra pimpin' points if you overclock your necklace?

omg ive nerver laughed so hard

ok now heres a question for you all what car should i make this after i was thinking one of the h2 hummers and any ideas how i could make lil airbags for it to lowere it and raise it up

Better idea... figure out a way to wire hydraulics. Sure, all the bouncing and hopping will screw with, well... everything. But if you can figure out a way to isolate everything and get that to work... now that would be sweet.

Or maybe if it just "raised up" when you powered it on, then bottomed out on the curb.

Wire it so that each corner lifts seperately like it's waking up or something.

Wooooooooo.

*edit* Also, don't forget the flashy Nos sticker... you automatically get a 5% overclock with one of those. Or a Summit Racing one will get you 1%. Body graphics or pin stripes get you 10%.

dude nice car i may juist do that i like that body kit and gives me some mesh to play with for fans and what not was thinking about it gonna make the 2 exaust pipes my ps2 ports liscense frame my video port was thinking about the gas tank for my headphones gonna use the 2 roof scoops as exaust fans prolly like stock 60mm fans off some amd hsk i have sitting here. may use the headlights as the power and reset buttons
well im going tomorrow to buy the foam and what not to shape this case gonna make it mostly or fiberglass and some aluminum
all comments welcome or ideas are also welcome

BellaCroix said:
*edit* Also, don't forget the flashy Nos sticker... you automatically get a 5% overclock with one of those. Or a Summit Racing one will get you 1%. Body graphics or pin stripes get you 10%.

ROFL -- bullet hole sticker add 7.5 hp, but if you get a hand painted VTECH sticker on an american, you can double your output

also cant live without cross drilled IDE lines, tinted case window (with wrinkles), euro style tail hdd lights, and upgraded coilovers so your CD drive doesnet skip. hahhaha

theshadow27 said:
ROFL -- bullet hole sticker add 7.5 hp, but if you get a hand painted VTECH sticker on an american, you can double your output

also cant live without cross drilled IDE lines, tinted case window (with wrinkles), euro style tail hdd lights, and upgraded coilovers so your CD drive doesnet skip. hahhaha

Oh god you're killing me!

What about putting Zerex Super Coolant into the radiator... oh wait... no, that actually would be a good thing.

*edit* what about if you cut the tint to look like dripping paint? Or doesn't anyone do that anymore?

Maybe a fuzzy case skin and EL dice hanging inside the case.

And a Borolla exhaust mounted on all the exhaust fans to get that "tuned" sound.

lol fire ball stickers (on backwords) and naked lady siluoutes... the worst tint ever had a diffrent color tint patch where you could see the lines :eek:

also, underglow with a 120v incendecent bulb with a 12-120 inverter runnnig the underglow and the beer cooler

BellaCroix said:
And a Borolla exhaust mounted on all the exhaust fans to get that "tuned" sound.

LOL!

tuning a computer is a little diffrent from tuning a car, the easiest way to get that big block grumble is to take a hair dryer and stick it by the CPU. then, using a tig welder (so far, same as a car) you tack some tinfoil to the end of the hairdryer. when your ready to tune, crank the compputer on and set the hairdryer to "high". with a rotory buffer, or drimmel if you dont have air, grind a little bit of the hair dryer tube off untill you hit the resenent frequency of your case! easy, eh?

are you sure? it would be a one-of-a-kind mod

and besides, some of thos ricer civic engines could prob fit inside a midtower O-SNAP :eek:

Yeah, after you strap in those silly cold-air intakes, mod chips, and neon transformers you're easily going to need a full sized tower... what were you thinking?

Remember when building a car for performance actually meant you knew how to tune a car, not how to slip in a new mod chip and bolt a wing to the trunk lid? I'm not saying all "ricers" are that way but every one I've ever talked to about cam timing, gear ratios, or overboring had NO friggin' idea what I was talking about.

prolineracing.com

they make spinners for R/C monster trucks. they're on ebay for about $40 a set.

Back