spilledsodaonkeyboardandspacerbardoesntwork

nicoritschel

Limp Gawd
ispilledsodaonmykeyboardandnowthespacebardoesntwork.anyoneknowofasolution?
thanks

qEDITq:sorry,iforgottousetheeditbutton

azzkikur said:
Try drying it with a hair dryer. If that doesn't work, get a new keyboard.

ah,crapitsthelogitechelitekeyboard...

um,ifitdriesonitsown,willthesugarstillconduct?

just use a blower and let it dry, have fun with the stickyness. You should clean it again when its dry with some type of wipes. Personally I would use it as an excuse to get a new one. Just tell your wife/mom that it broked and you have to get another one.

Run it through the dishwasher, let it sit for a day or so, then try it again. Worked for me once.

saturnine2 said:
Run it through the dishwasher, let it sit for a day or so, then try it again. Worked for me once.
Cool, I'll have to remember that one...

Dry it out, open it up and clean it out of the sugar, and you should be fine. Otherwise, get a new keyboard.

BTW, I think that rates as Thread Title of the Year, its a classic!

Well since it's not better and you are afraid of ruining it by taking it apart to clean it and dry it out, I think you're at the "buy a new one" stage of the process. I've done that to a couple keyboards in the past, just buy a new one.

You should do what Did. I had a gateway keyboard which I liked, I spilled pop on it. So, I went down to biglot's, and picked up 5 yahoo kb/mouse set's for like 5.00+tax. I've used 4 of those keyboard's due to spillage. I simply must stop drinking near my desk. If I had a working camera I'd post pics of my desk, there's at least 40 Water bottles, 10 can's of pop, and a Bag chip's. THe rest of my room is clean.:)

Put the keyboard back together and rinse it in warm water in the sink. When you are done, either let it dry for about 2 days, or blow dry it. Make sure that when you plug it back in, it is completely dry.

I did this once on one of my keyboards and it worked like a charm.

I had an remote control was not working 'cause of a spill. I took it apart and cleaned some the pop off of it and it started working again.

ispilledcoffeeonmykeyboardonetimeandhadtocompletelytakeitapartandthouroughlycleanit.
IwouldtakeyoursapartandcleanitlikeIdidtomine.

I thought it said you spilled donkey sauce on your spacebar, until I read it very slowly.

Oh well, learn to type without using the spacebar.

You know I think the world should write and type like that without spaces, we might get things done twice as fast!! I can read those sentences pretty damn fast.

This will be great! Other languages don't use spaces, so why should english? :p

Oh, and you do know Windows has that accessibility onscreen keyboard right? You can click the space bar to get a space. :p

I'm with everyone else, just go buy a new keyboard. They're cheap. And with options (media whatnot).

ithinkyou'refullofshitandjustcreatedthisthreadtohaveareallygoodlaughroflmaocopter

It's hard typing without using the space bar! :p

nicoritschel said:
15p1||3d50d40nmyk3y804rd4ndn0w7h35p4(384rd035n7w0rk.4ny0n3kn0w0f450|u710n?
7h4nk5

q3|)17q:50rry,1f0r60770u537h33d178u770n

Imagine if he wrote it all in l33t. :eek:

S1nF1xx said:
ithinkyou'refullofshitandjustcreatedthisthreadtohaveareallygoodlaughroflmaocopter

It's hard typing without using the space bar! :p

Imagine if he wrote it all in l33t. :eek:

I'm now able to use my dad's laptop, because he's home now. I didn't create this thread to have a good laugh, because that would be fucking pointless. I fucking swear to god, my spacebar doesn't work because I spilled soda on it. Well, actually, my keyboard doesnt work at all at the moment... :(

saturnine2 said:

no reason it shouln't work...as long as it's dry before you use it! lol bring it to nebraska! it will try in 2 minutes :mad:

Isaydishwaherit,andifthatdoesn'twork,timetogetanewkeyboard.

*ahem* Sorry.

I say dishwaher it, and if that doesn't work, time to get a new keyboard.

This topic is worthy of a Hardforum Happenings. :D :D :D

Back