SpikeTV: Halo 2 is better than HL2, FarCry, D3, and UT2k4

I was just watching those spike tv game awards for shits and giggles when the best 1st person shooter categorgy came up not 5 min ago. The nomines were as follows: Far Cry, Half Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo 2 and Doom 3

Guess who won:
Halo 2

This is blasphemy! Ridiculous! Enough to make me cry! I am disgusted by this show, iI'll continue to watch Halo win more awards but I will watch with disgust. I definately won't agree with any of the winners, but I think that it must be known that these awards are BULLSH*T and feel free to express your feelings here

-Matt

Don't gamers usually vote for these categories? If they did, then it's the gamers who have spoken. If not, then what horse****

Noodle Boy said:
Don't gamers usually vote for these categories? If they did, then it's the gamers who have spoken. If not, then what horse****

Thats what they want you to believe. In reality, some pinheads affiliated to VGA are making all the shots based on how well the game was presented to the public, consumer-wise. This is all f***ing retarded. :mad:

ScreamingBroccoli said:
I was just watching those spike tv game awards for shits and giggles when the best 1st person shooter categorgy came up not 5 min ago. The nomines were as follows: Far Cry, Half Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo 2 and Doom 3

Guess who won:
Halo 2

This is blasphemy! Ridiculous! Enough to make me cry! I am disgusted by this show, iI'll continue to watch Halo win more awards but I will watch with disgust. I definately won't agree with any of the winners, but I think that it must be known that these awards are BULLSH*T and feel free to express your feelings here

-Matt
You do realize that the only people who watch the show are the stoners and school dropouts that own consoles right? Not a surprise that a console game won. Well, not to me anyway.

Not that i hate Halo but if you're playing Halo2 on pc someday i dont know how you can say it's better than D3, Farcry, and HL2 overall. :rolleyes:

There should be a PC Game-only Awards.

They couldn't give best gfx to anyone but D3 or HL2 because any moron can actually see that they look better than halo 2

Do we need yet another God damned Halo bashing thread? Honestly.

I'm not sure who's dumber; the people who make that awards show or the people who complain about the results.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
They couldn't give best gfx to anyone but D3 or HL2 because any moron can actually see that they look better than halo 2

Comparing two seperate platforms on the graphics front is like apples to oranges.

thats cool hl2 got best graphics. its probably because the ones who judge don't know anything about the technical capabilities of the engines, they just know what looks good to them, and its true hl2 has a more pleasing look overall. so maybe they had an almost, dare i say it, unbiased point of view differentiating between doom3 and hl2 graphics, instead of those who see all the technical aspects of both engines and let those specs in text dicate their opinion on overall aesthetics. just a theory, no need to flame :D

I am not halo bashing, yes I do feel that is entirely over rated, but I can say that I gave it a try. I just know, and most other people here know that it is not better than most if not all of the other games in the category. And the GFX thing someone said, in this case the best is the best no matter where it is and the comp is always the best and it usually works like PS2<GC<XBOX<Comp

This sort of show doesn't mean Halo is better; it means more people like Halo.

And why not? Both kicked ass, and I enjoyed both about the same, though Halo's MP pretty much pisses all over Half-Life's, which was more of a free gift than a real game (fuck CS). HL, in contrast, had a longer, more complex single player game, and incredible art and design. Both had total bullshit endings (no surprise).

Kevin Lowe said:
This sort of show doesn't mean Halo is better; it means more people like Halo.

And why not? Both kicked ass, and I enjoyed both about the same, though Halo's MP pretty much pisses all over Half-Life's, which was more of a free gift than a real game (fuck CS). HL, in contrast, had a longer, more complex single player game, and incredible art and design. Both had total bullshit endings (no surprise).

pisses over halflife2 in defeat maybe. halo2 mp can't touch CS:S and hl2dm.

The whole thing is a waste of time anyways. The whole thing played out more like the grammy's then anything that actually matters what with bands playing and snoop dog hosting I'm half surprised that Justin Timberlake didn't take home best game award.

NeoNemesis said:
The whole thing is a waste of time anyways. The whole thing played out more like the grammy's then anything that actually matters what with bands playing and snoop dog hosting I'm half surprised that Justin Timberlake didn't take home best game award.
Actually Samuel L Jackson did. For real....he had a voice in GTA:S and accepted the trophy.
In fact all the celebrities that were involved in a game accepted on behalf of the game makers. WTF. In fact every game that had major celebrities won an award. Hmm....

Wait, these awards aren't live here on the west coast? They don't strat till 9, and Spike sez theyre live! So is Snoop gonna repeat everything again then, or :eek: has SpikeTV lied to us west-coasters :mad:

ikellensbro said:
Wait, these awards aren't live here on the west coast? They don't strat till 9, and Spike sez theyre live! So is Snoop gonna repeat everything again then, or :eek: has SpikeTV lied to us west-coasters :mad:
It is a repeat of the awards dummy. hehe I just couldn't resist. The awards ended 25 mins ago. It will be replayed at 9 PST.

Of course the most publicized game won the award.

Blasphemy it may be, but don't watch, I'm not. After last years' there's no way in hell I'll ever watch that again unless it switches networks and gets a production crew that isn't total asstards.

It's sexed up too, if it was really a show for gamers it wouldn't be sexed up it'd be about games.

WickedAngel said:
It certainly can't, for it it far too high above either of them to be within touching reach.

a little stuttering there, maybe you aren't so sure of your statement

NeoNemesis said:
I watched the first hour and even though Spike said that Snoop Dogg was the host, I think he was on a total of 5 minutes, and four was for the song.

The first halo was fun because when i started out i didnt know how to play and all the missions were challenging and stuff. Im sure halo2 is fun as well but half life 2 is the best game ive ever played as of yet. If i wouldve had directx 9 capabilities on my gfx card it wouldve made the game and graphics that much better :D

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:

Blasphemy it may be, but don't watch, I'm not. After last years' there's no way in hell I'll ever watch that again unless it switches networks and gets a production crew that isn't total asstards.

It's sexed up too, if it was really a show for gamers it wouldn't be sexed up it'd be about games.

Sex sells everything. Maybe the Navy should do a Baywatch add wanting people to join there Naval Nuclear Propulsion team.

Arkanian said:
Actually Samuel L Jackson did. For real....he had a voice in GTA:S and accepted the trophy.

I agree, and I know that Jackson voiced officer tenpenny in gta:sa, but seriously, shouldn't this be an award ceremony for the people who did the bulk of the work, ie: the programmers.

NeoNemesis said:
I agree, and I know that Jackson voiced officer tenpenny in gta:sa, but seriously, shouldn't this be an award ceremony for the people who did the bulk of the work, ie: the programmers.

well there should be multiple awards for the different positions of making a game, just like in the oscars there is best directing, sound track etc. but i doubt that would happen anytime soon.

WheresWaldo said:
I watched the first hour and even though Spike said that Snoop Dogg was the host, I think he was on a total of 5 minutes, and four was for the song.

Weed kills your work ethic. Foshizzle.

L0s7 4 Lyf3 said:

i just got a flashback from last year's show with that quote.i didn't think it could be any worse then the first one.

how can halo2 beat HL2 for best fps?

personally i think that halo is actually pretty boring, mostily because its the same exact gameplay as the first and its so repetitive. Everyone at my school says im so stupid and try to tell me how good of a game it is. The thing that makes me laugh is whne they try to point out how good the graphics are (while i talk about the all the texture popping).
Half-Life 2 was such a fun game, iot kept my attention the entire game and i just couldnt play with the gravity enough. It is by far the best fps ive played all year, just goes to show you what most people know when it comes to video games.

You guys should really know better by now than to expect anything of real value from these things.

I think the worst part is that the developers aren't really recognized. As stated above, they let celebs accept the rewards on their behalf because after all that brings in ratings.

And on Halo 2 better than the rest thing, as far as multi goes, I can agree with that. Halo 2 mp is a blast, more so than the rest. Except for UT2K4 though, the abundance of maps and mods makes UT2K4 a real gem.

I'm not going to shit my pants over this. Fellate satan's latest abortion with bungie? I think not. I'm going down for valve's compassionate angel, HL2.

I enjoyed Halo 2 more then Half Life 2.. Although the Monkey from Bible thumpers/jihad story kind of irritated me but not as much as Gordon Freeman ubar supah invincible scientist. (He is a nerd for crying out loud, did any one ever meet a real scientist???)

Why superstars except awards on behalf of the devs:

Thats simple.

1. They look like the pimply/fat/skinny nerd that doesn't see the sun 11 months out of year. They are scary looking.

2. Most coder/devs don't care for limelight.

3. They are not very social creatures (well at least the ones I know, they cherish their privacy)

4. Sleeping and are probable catching up on their family/personal life.

S1nF1xx said:
You do realize that the only people who watch the show are the stoners and school dropouts that own consoles right? Not a surprise that a console game won. Well, not to me anyway.
hey that stoner part hurt me....
i own all of the games, besides halo 2. Neighbor has it, xbox !!!!!!. I know hl2 doom3 and farcry were all better than halo2. He still LOVES halo2. The thing is his comp sucks. People with weak comps hate comp games.

There should be a "Most Unique Wepon" in the awards..... Gravity Gun :cool:

Back