SpiderMan 3 @ PS3 FTW!

Baker

2[H]4U
Spider-Man 3 will ship on multiple systems including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, the Wii, PC, and Nintendo DS, the day before the movie debuts, but only the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are similar in content. Incidentally, the PS3 version offers an extra little goodie -- the ability to play through the whole game as the new Goblin, while the Xbox 360 version offers Achievements and Xbox Live friends' lists but not online play.

Source (The X360 hands-on)

PS3 hands-on

I don't care about Achievement points and I'd rather play through the game as the Goblin :) (more game content FTW :D )

Other than that... game looks like a web-full of fun :)

This game looks cool. It's disappointing that the 360 version doesn't have the extras of the PS3, but I guess it's all fair since there are a handful of other 360 games that have extras the PS3 is lacking.

Nice little info!

while the Xbox 360 version offers Achievements and Xbox Live friends' lists but not online play.

Does this mean PS3 or another console WILL have online play? Or did they just make it confusing for the fun of it?

Yeah, it looks like you control the Goblin's hover-thingy using the SIXAXIS tilt control as well. That sounds pretty cool.

I think how well the SIXAXIS works would probably do a good job getting the feel for a hover-thingy... not a lot of control :p (not so great at times.. I think it works perfect for flOw)

Remember Sony owns the film rights to Spiderman so......

//me still wants a PS3 so bad

hopefully the sixaxis doesnt suck. it was crap for motorstorm. too much lag. hopefully its implemented well.

WTF is that all about.... OOO OOOO I'm going to rush the f*$% out and buy a 600 dollar Playstation 3 just so I can play as the Goblin.....whatever...

WTF is that all about.... OOO OOOO I'm going to rush the f*$% out and buy a 600 dollar Playstation 3 just so I can play as the Goblin.....whatever...

hahahhahaha

dude, you don't need to get upset everytime someone says something good about the PS3. Calm down...holy crap

wow cool!

people need to chill out, that guy is like AFHKASDglaywukyaiufyuAGWD SEHKGHDFGKSFGZSFGsejkhjdksfgdf, yea thats all i got from it. :confused:

The 360 !!!!!!s seem to take any positive comment for Sony as a negative comment against them. They can both be good!

G'ßöö;1030863423 said:
in total agreement. all you ps3 haters go play in traffic

No thanks, I'll just laugh instead at PS3 fans making a big deal about some third rate Spiderman game having one extra feature than the 360 version, then making threads on the interweb in glee.

I find it humorous.

Exactly, dont really consider spiderman games anywhere on my lists, for any system.

+1 for me. I have never found the Spiderman games worthwhile on any system. Ultimate Spiderman was pretty decent, but not worth a buy in my opinion. Generally speaking, video games based on movie liscences are to be avoided; I think the last half-decent game of this type was The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and it was only loosely based on the film.

deception``

It's too bad the game looks like crap for the 360 & PS3... especially after seeing GTAIV's take on Manhattan.

shit, im excited bout it. the last spiderman game for the ps2 was so much fun. my gf loved it too, she knocked me down on the ground one day for walkin in front of the tv while she was playin. they made swingin through the city feel like you were actually swingin. im coppin it the day it drops

Has anyone ever noticed theNoid is always around to crap on any PS3 thread? It's like he feels anything positive about it is threatening his way of MS !!!!!! living. Anyway it's no surprise because Sony owns the rights to Spiderman, I'd expect more of this in the future considering how many movies Sony is involved with.

Has anyone ever noticed theNoid is always around to crap on any PS3 thread? It's like he feels anything positive about it is threatening his way of MS !!!!!! living. Anyway it's no surprise because Sony owns the rights to Spiderman, I'd expect more of this in the future considering how many movies Sony is involved with.

Basically. I've noticed this too.

But anyway: back on topic... the game still looks lacking in the graphics department.

Back