SpeedStrip unlocks Athlons multiplier?

LyL18

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
468
I was browsing this site and I came across this Speed strip. It says it unlocks the new Athlons locked multiplier from 5x-12.5x

Heres a link
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/tra-03.html
$14.99 not bad...
tra-03.jpg


I havnt heard too much about these on here. Are they new?
 
Yep they work, and yep they are new. Only thing is, the maximum multiplier you can go to is 12.5X, which is the default of the XP 2600, so its useless for that proc. Good item though, its very easy to use. Only problem I can think of is that the CPU sits in a bit lopsided with the speedstrip applied. Its not much, just the thickness of the plastic, but it could cause some cooling problems.
 
Locate the label on the chip, as shown above, and be certain that the model number starts with “AXDA”.

Just make sure you have the right chip.
 
So this only works on the newest T-BredB processors and not the older Palominos? :(

(Given that I have a 2100+ with a palomino core, you can see why I'm asking...especially since my MB can't lock the PCI and AGP bus speeds)
 
Back
Top