• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Speeding Up Initial SSL Connection...

Flapjack

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 29, 2000
Messages
3,210
I have several SSL webpages running on my home server over IIS. This is on a Win2k3 server with 1.5GB of RAM and a 3ghz P4.

For some reason, the initial SSL connection takes anywhere from 30-60 seconds, and I can't seem to find an explanation for it. My friend has a similar setup, and experiences the same problem.

To see what I'm talking about, click here.

I have about 768k of upload bandwidth available, but it doesn't seem to matter if all the bandwidth is available or if there is a transfer going on. The wait seems to be about the same. Once connected, the transfer rate seems to be as you'd imagine for a 768k connection. If I successfully open an SSL page, any other page on the same server opens quickly as long as the first page is still open.

Any suggestions on how to speed up the initial connection?
 
I tested it, I didnt see any lag.. Did you fix it? Or maybe it only appears when testing locally?
 
Hmmm, I didn't do anything. It's always been this way. I used to think it had something to do with accessing it from a .mil domain, but my dad has complained about the same thing... and he's on Road Runner cable.

Thanks for checking it.

Is anyone else experiencing the lag?
 
Thanks everyone for helping me troubleshoot. It must have something to do with coming from the .mil domain.
 
Back
Top