• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Speedfan temps? (on 955)

Eureka!

Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
573
I'm not quite sure what all the different temps in speedfan are. This is using the system in my sig. The temps I get are:

Temp1: 42C
Temp2: 43C
Temp3: 44C
HD0: 37C
Core: 46C

The coretemp64 temperature is reading the Core temperature as well.

What are all these different temperatures reading? Which one(s) should I be looking at? Are they high for a 955 on idle? (3.8ghz, 2.6ghz NB, 1.5v core, 1.3v NB) This is with a Xigmatek S1283 with a coolermaster fan on top for push-pull.
 
typically temp 1 is your chipset.. temp 2 is your system temp and temp 3 is your motherboard cpu temp sensor.. but every board is different.. but thats usually what it is..

seeing as how they are all within 1C of each other.. they could be anything.. its very doubtful that temp 2 is your system temp since its way to high..

you could also try loading everest and it will give you the correct names for each sensor.. have speedfan running at the same time and match the names and temps between each program.. then you can edit the names of each sensor in speedfan..
 
Those temps seem about right for a 955 overclocked to 3.8 @1.5V. That's a quite a lot of voltage for a 955 though.
 
Well right now its running a 19x200 overclock, I assume core voltage doesn't change much between a high mult/lower fsb and a low mult/high fsb overclock? Or would the latter allow me to reach the same speed at a lower voltage?

I'll try the everest program, I also ordered a set of high CFM fans to replace the stock S1283 fan.
 
Back
Top