Speedfan "Temp2" hot as hell

strend

Gawd
Anyone know what sensor "Temp2" is in speedfan on a P67 motherboard?

In "Config" it's just labled as

Chip:F71889F
Sensor:Temp2
BUS:ISA
Address:$290

P67ChipsetTemp.jpg

Above pic is with my CPU @ 4GHz. At 4.5 "Temp2" gets over 100c with prolonged stress testing :eek:

No idea but its very likely a misreading, speedfan is notorious for misreadings. Start touching things in your rig and if you come across something that scalds your finger then you've found it :)

Switch to AIDA64 then try again.

To be honest,i don't believe in Speedfan.It always screws up the readings.

with p67 its probably going to be pretty inaccurate due to intel moving to the UEFI bios.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give AIDA64 a go tonight.

I did do touch-tests last night. The north(er south?)bridge was pretty damn hot to the touch, but it sure the heck wasn't 100c+. I wouldn't mind replacing it with something beefier.

I had also used HWMonitor with the same results as speedfan, although the sensor in question was labled as "TMPIN1". I found this thread on MSI's forums, same issue w/no clear answer.

edit: Looks like it is the PCH. Lots of posts in MSI's forums about it. I'll re-apply TIM and maybe pickup one of those Antec spot-fans. The PCH may be safe up to 108c...but damn....

Last edited:
No idea but its very likely a misreading, speedfan is notorious for misreadings. Start touching things in your rig and if you come across something that scalds your finger then you've found it :)

+1 I used speed fan before and its very misleading i don't use it anymore

with p67 its probably going to be pretty inaccurate due to intel moving to the UEFI bios.
The type of BIOS used shouldn't make any difference to the accuracy of the readings. Speedfan is probably just trying to read a sensor that doesn't exist.

Back