SpeedFan beta auto opening Notepad and prompts on launch

ryansebiz

Limp Gawd
I just installed the SpeedFan beta and whenever I turn on on my computer I'm greeted with debug.nfo automatically opened in Notepad.

There are also three of these prompts:

Caution

You are attempting to open a file of type 'Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration File' (.cfg)

These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system.

If you still want to open the file, click Open With, otherwise, click Cancel.

caution8nj.gif

I don't have debug mode or logged checked anywhere in SpeedFan. Why is it doing this?

I don't use SpeedFan so I don't know the particulars of the program, but here's what I use to control startup programs without editing the registry:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

See if the program is listed. If so, see if it is scheduled to run on startup.

You can also go to Start-->Run-->msconfig and click the Startup tab. If the program is listed and checked, uncheck it.

If these don't work, you can always dive into the registry.

I disbled this by removing SpeedFan from the Startup folder, but then I have to manually start SpeedFan each time I reboot.

Any ideas on how to get SpeedFan to autolaunch on startup?

That's because I was paying zero attention when I posted that. :eek:

Does SpeedFan have an option for "launch at startup" or "start with Windows" or anything like that? Also, which Windows are you running? If it's XP, you might be able to start it with TweakUI.

Back