Specifying a directory for Microsoft Store downloads

carrierPigeon

Limp Gawd
I understand that you can change which partition the Microsoft store downloads to.
https://www.softwarert.com/change-microsoft-app-store-download-location-windows-10/

I would like to download to my C drive but I would like to specify which directory to download to. this way, I can easily see what apps I have recently downloaded and I can have control over when they are deleted. Sometimes I also might choose to keep these files.

Edit: I can't seem to install the program on my Windows 8.1 32 bit, despite having downloaded the 32 bit version. I guess the Microsoft store was giving an early alert to that. I wonder if this is a side effect of Windows 8.1 32 bit not being a very popular operating system and thus developers not accommodating it. Not sure what to do, I guess I'll try older versions of the software.

Last edited:
Do a bit of research on symlinks. Simple to implement and may help with what you're trying to achieve.

I use them to shift iTunes backups off the C: drive and onto a drive of larger capacity.

Back