• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Specifying a directory for Microsoft Store downloads

carrierPigeon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2017
Messages
162
I understand that you can change which partition the Microsoft store downloads to.
https://www.softwarert.com/change-microsoft-app-store-download-location-windows-10/

I would like to download to my C drive but I would like to specify which directory to download to. this way, I can easily see what apps I have recently downloaded and I can have control over when they are deleted. Sometimes I also might choose to keep these files.

Edit: I can't seem to install the program on my Windows 8.1 32 bit, despite having downloaded the 32 bit version. I guess the Microsoft store was giving an early alert to that. I wonder if this is a side effect of Windows 8.1 32 bit not being a very popular operating system and thus developers not accommodating it. Not sure what to do, I guess I'll try older versions of the software.
 
Last edited:
Do a bit of research on symlinks. Simple to implement and may help with what you're trying to achieve.

I use them to shift iTunes backups off the C: drive and onto a drive of larger capacity.
 
Back
Top