• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Spec me a sff gaming rig! please!

alkaline

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
727
sff experts and club members....lend me your skillz

I want to build myself my first SFF system sometime soon. I have built one comp before, but it was a regular tower...so this is my first venture into the mini realm.

I am going to use this for:
-Gaming
-Listening to music
-Web browsing
-Doing homework

I am not going to use this for:
-Photoshop/similar apps
-overclocking

I havt $2250 to spend! All i need is the case w/all necessary components and a monitor [preferrably a LCD Widescreen]. Let me know what you would build!
 
Overclocking facilitates
-Gaming
-Listening to music
-Web browsing
-Doing homework
No reason not to!
 
sleepeeg3 said:
Overclocking facilitates
-Gaming
-Listening to music
-Web browsing
-Doing homework
No reason not to!

be nice :p

back OT, get this, and ye shall be happy:

case/psu:
silverstone Sg01 case w/ enermax liberty 500w PSU

mobo/cpu:
AMD: Biostar TFORCE 6100-939 w/ Athlon64 X2 4200+ or Opteron 165/170
intel: MSI 945G w/ intel Pentium D 950/940

video:
ati: X1900XTX
nvidia: 7900GTX

RAM:
amd system: g.skill HZ 2x1GB kit
intel: corsair xms 2x1GB ddr2-667

sound:
creative labs x-fi xtrememusic

HD/optical:
your choice

mouse/KB:
logitech G15/G7 mouse

monitor:
Dell 2005FPW or viewsonic vx2025wm
 
i really want a case with a window on it [wanna put in some ccfl's and see the inside].........any suggestions for one that does?
 
alkaline said:
i really want a case with a window on it [wanna put in some ccfl's and see the inside].........any suggestions for one that does?

The aspire X-QPACK has windows...but its a more 'cubey' case and bigger
 
Here is my suggestions (depending on the type of gaming you wish to do).

Qpack
AMD 4000+ or 4400+
MSI mATX mobo (since you aren't overclocking...either ATi or nvidia chip)
7900gtx or 1900xtx video card
2gb of ram..any well do but I have mushkin which is kick ass
Seagate harddrive (never not get a seagate...people may disagree with me but after many harddrives in my time I wouldn't do anything else)
PSU....errr, everyone says the liberty so go with that I suppose
Sound card: up to you....I honestly don't haer much difference in the audigy and the xfi...but then again I can't hear at all half the time.


Everything else, just pick up something that has good ratings :) I like viewsonic for monitors...19"
 
Back
Top