Spec me a motherboard!

Tute

Limp Gawd
Hi all.

Just wondering what the LGA1155 ITX motherboard of choice is. I'm not looking for a bleeding edge over clock, just something modest but the board itself needs to be stable and reliable.

It will be paired with the following:

Intel Core i5-3570K
16GB GeiL Black Dragon DDR3 (2x8GB)
Sapphire ATI Radeon R9 290 4GB
256GB Samsung 840 Evo
1TB Samsung M8 5,400RPM
nCase M1
Silverstone ST45SF

I don't need WiFi, but would like a couple of USB3 ports at least (front and back). I'd also like a PCIe x16 slot (naturally).

The cooler for it will be a Corsair H220, so I would like clearance around the CPU slot to fit it securely.

Budget is £150.

What do you suggest?

If it were me I'd read the two M1 threads and see who is using that cooler successfully and use the mobo they are. If there is more than one pick the one that has the features you want and if there is still an indecision then choose the least expensive. Honestly, that is how I would do it. Personally, I'm considering one of the hydro coolers (AIO) or one of the air hsf. I'm keeping my build as simple as possible.

unless you plan on going with a significant overclock a budget performance cooler is more then enough one such as CM Hyper 212 plus or Hyper 212 EVO, if you plan on an overclock but not to the moon then a higher end aircooler is still going to give great results, one such as Phantek, Noctua DH14 etc they can handle a higher clock and heat then the coolers 1/2 to 1/3 their price for sure, H100 you might as well spend the extra bit and get a starter custom loop.

I believe most of the 7 series boards will take it, i'm just wondering if there's a "go-to" Z77 board for Ivy Bridge, one that stands out above the pack for reliability, quality, and features.

Back