Speakers

reaper12

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
2,870
Hi all, can some of you give me advice speakers. A friend of mine from the states has asked my advice, but, I am in Ireland and not sure what to way to send him.

He has a budget of $200. He has an Onkyo Sr606 receiver and a subwoofer (don't know what make) He was thinking of getting 5 Polk Audio RM10's (going on sale for $204, down from $492)

Are these as good as He will get? Or can you guys recommend anything better?

Cheers!!
Reaper.
 
Swan M200. Still on sale for $189. Or if the shipping and tax is too much, D1080 work just fine too.
 
While I haven't heard those Polks, they should fit in nicely with what he has now. The problem with the speakers Alai suggested is that they are more computer speakers than Home Theater speakers. The main difference is that the Polks will be able to plug into the receiver, and will probably be able to go louder and sound fuller.
 
I like powered speakers because I like to move my speakers around and dislike requiring a receiver. I don't see how the Swans being desktop speakers is a "problem". They are still excellent speakers, especially, for the price.

When you say 5 Polk Audio RM10's, does that mean he is going for 5.1? So you're looking for 5 monitors/centers for a budget of $200? If that's the case, just get whatever. Those Polks should do fine, I suppose.
 
Yeah He has the receiver already and the subwoofer. His Budget is only $200. I am trying to get him to go for 2 speakers and upgrade later, but, I think He wants the whole 5.1 sound now :( The reason He picked the Polks is that they are at half price at the moment.

So He doesn't need powered speakers. Are the Swans still the best at that price range?
 
Back
Top