• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Speakers & polarized plugs

AVT

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
4,875
So I have a pair of M-Audio AV40. They came with a polarized Figure 8 power cable.

These cables are impossible to find. I have a bunch of non-polarized Figure 8 cables.

Do I risk destroying the speakers if I plug one in? I would think it would be OK since polarized cords seem to only exist in the US and the AV40s I have are the old version that works for 220v, but I figured it would be worth asking first.
 
Back
Top