Speakers for old JVC system

Fel

Limp Gawd
Polk isn't really known for subwoofers, although, I believe, technically, those are for cars.

Also, Kenwood aren't known for speakers, AFAIK.

What's your budget? And are you sure you're going to continue to use a boombox to amp your speakers? No wonder your speakers blew...

i used the speakers that came with it, i came here asking if it was going to work or if i need to just get a logitech 2.1...

i think that your replacement parts would not fit your old speaker cabinets without some cutting.
better spend the money for some insignia bookshelf speakers. or if you want to go cheap, buy some speakers on a garage sale.

im not talking about using the old cabinets, i planned on throwing those out

I apologize in the begining for asking Fel but I am not sure what is the question you are asking. You sounded like you wanted to get opinions regarding the drivers that you originally provided links. When some opinions were given, you said your question was about whether you should get Logitech 2.1s. When someone suggested that getting the original drivers may require cutting of the enclosure, you stated that you wanted to throw out the enclosures.

I guess, I would like to ask, is the question about the drivers on the original post, or about the opinions regarding Logitech 2.1s? And if you say "I came to ask if its going to work" I would like to ask if "what" is going to work? Is there a cabinet you were thinking of using? Is there a budget you need to remain within? If its comparing to a set of Logitechs, which logitech is it you want to compare? Will it work with the boombox amp or do you need to get another amplifier? Are you more worried about SQ or lower price? I think you would get better response if you were clear on what you wanted to do. Again, I apologize if I am the only one who doesn't understand the question.

Its okay Zenshi, I'm a bit lost too. :p

Fel: There are a few things you could do (aside from clarifying your intentions) :)

1. Find used JVC speakers identical to the ones that blew out (do this only if you are sure the amp works. test it with another set of speakers at least with them running at least 30min to 1 hour)

2. Start new! Get a new amp and new speakers. This route will probably sound better anyway.

Also, what's your budget?

mom wanted a stereo and i wanted to save a few $$$ and just use our old jvc stereo(the main part) and just buy a couple more speakers. under $150

ok, then my old post still is the best option IMO
better spend the money for some insignia bookshelf speakers. or if you want to go really cheap, buy some speakers on a garage sale.

why bothering building speakers when you can buy some for cheap, like the insignias?
they offer good sound for the money.sorry but i guess the crappy plastic jvc unit wont even do the insignias justice, even though they are entry level speakers.

Back