Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
another question about the d1080s, my d1080s have a cover on it, if you look at the screen shots from the audio insider, u can see the tweeters exposed. on mine, it has a black cover over it. any idea?
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/images/D1080 main resized.jpg
and mine:
http://i35.tinypic.com/20f96km.jpg
so the question is, should i take them off?
I've never bought into the notion that grilles on/off really affects the speaker's performance in any appreciable manner.
Nice dissertation. I'll bet 9 out of 10 couldn't tell the difference between grilles on/off to save their lives.
Actually, YOU missed the part where I wrote there's not an appreciable difference between on/off. We basically agree. I just didn't break out the physics textbook for my comments.Did you miss the part where I said they're designed to deliberately minimize the effect of having them on? Or were you just asking me to give a more detailed explanation? I know that was a little short if you're not familiar with basic physics...
Actually, YOU missed the part where I wrote there's not an appreciable difference between on/off. We basically agree. I just didn't break out the physics textbook for my comments.
Actually, YOU missed the part where I wrote there's not an appreciable difference between on/off. We basically agree. I just didn't break out the physics textbook for my comments.
cool!, they did pop offthey look so much better off
![]()
Nice lookin' speakers, really. I should probably get some and make my wallet a little sadderhehe![]()
I've got the D1080MkII Swans paired with an HT Omega Claro on a second computer in the family room; and they sound as good (for music) as my E-MU 0404USB paired with a more expensive amp/bookshelf speaker set-up.