• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speakers for dorm

thepirat

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
147
the aopens look like mini flying saucers to me, just pick w/e sounds best, and looks the best
 
I have the x230s and only use them for music and movies and I like them alot.
 
I have a Macbook pro so I thought the AOpen flying saucers would match with it :p
 
X-230's are good for dorm rooms. Inexpensive, but enough bass & oomph to drown out your neighboring dormmates/roommates :)
 
Mav451 said:
X-230's are good for dorm rooms. Inexpensive, but enough bass & oomph to drown out your neighboring dormmates/roommates :)
Be kind to your roomies and get a nice set of closed cans instead. Seriously, if I were trying to study and you insisted on playing games with the speakers on, I'd have to hurt you. :)
 
The AOpens may look fancy, but the X-230s will kill them in terms of audio quality. I have a pair lying around which will go with a media PC I have to get around to building, and I used them with my main PC until I got a set of 5.1 speakers. The speakers sound really nice, and the sub has a lot of oomph(for lack of a better term). Of course, a decent set of headphones is a must for late-night use, but it's always nice to have both.
 
Lethal said:
Be kind to your roomies and get a nice set of closed cans instead. Seriously, if I were trying to study and you insisted on playing games with the speakers on, I'd have to hurt you. :)

The sad fact is that most of your hallmates will not be very respectful to you in college. This was my experience as the sole engineering student among history/sociology majors. Maybe in your junior/senior years when you get individual suites instead of sharing...then maybe. If you have an individual room as a freshman, all the more power to you then.
 
Back
Top