• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speakers Arent working? Please Help

iha

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
407
I got Creative Inspire 5.1 speakers, and I can't get them to work.

I have an Asus P4P800 SE with onboard sounds...... that is supposed to support 5.1 speakers. I went through the wizard and plugged them in exactly how they are supposed to be.

If I put my ear up to a speaker and turn the volume all the way up, then I can hear sound.. but VERY soft sound.

I think my neighbor's speakers were doing this one time and he had to get a soundcard, but I think mine should work since my on board sound supposedly supports 5.1. Any idea what the problem is?

OS is winXP
 
First, try hooking up other speakers to your computer, and try hooking your Creatives to something else. After doing that, its fairly easy to determine what is broken...
 
iha said:
they are both working now :D
Please for the love of all that is good and holy, tell me you didn't just have to "plug the cable in all the way"!

what was the problem?
 
towert7 said:
Please for the love of all that is good and holy, tell me you didn't just have to "plug the cable in all the way"!

what was the problem?
kind of

one of the prongs was bent on on the volume control thing that plugs into the back of the bass, so i got a pencil and straightened it out.......... then it worked.
 
Back
Top