• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speakers advice for a noob

doodada

n00b
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
55
I am planning to buy a new set of speakers to use with a macbook. Here are my options:

AV40 ~$150
Swan D1080MkII ~$125
Swan M200MkII ~$200

I like bass but am not planning to get a sub. From what I read, all 3 of these produce decent base without a sub. What do u guys recommend I should get?

Thanks
 
Based on a quick look at spec's alone, get the Swan M200 or D1080 depending on your budget.
 
On my scale of $75, yes. But everyone has their own scale of what their dollar is worth.
 
If you have the space and can get a receiver or amp + good pair of bookshelf speakers in your budget range, you'll definitely get better audio than can be produced by your choices above. Toss in a small subwoofer and you'll never look at computer speakers again.
 
does the m200 sounds $75 better than the d1080?

If you're not dirt poor and planning to use them a lot, yes.

OTOH I also think you're edging too close to sharp quality/price gains to stop there. Go higher! It starts getting really interesting around $300+ or so.
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top