• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speaker woes

onlynone

n00b
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
2
I have a set of Klipsch 5.1s. I got them in 2002 and the amp went out last month. Klipsch will repair the amp with a 90 day warranty and ship it back for $90 - after I ship it to them. I can buy a new amp with a 1 year warranty for about $130. I've seen 5.1 ultras for as low as $320 shipped. I'm leaning toward the new system, but if anyone can recommend a set of 5.1s with similar (or better?) sound for less money I'd like their input. If anyone has listened to both the speakers they'd recommend and the 5.1 ultras that'd be a big plus. Thanks.
 
If you search the last thread I made, I was in the same predicament. I decided to go with a better pair of stereo speakers for music and a pair of high-end headphones for games/music to replace the Klipsch.
 
Back
Top