Ok, so I bought these speakers because of their good prices and reviews.
They arrived today and I hastily unwrapped them and as I was downstairs I teseted them in my laptop by plugging them into the headphone socket and they worked wonderfully and the sound sounded great.
So then I take them upsstairs to connect to my desktop computer. I plug in the subwoofer place the speakers on my desk and plug the green headed cable from the main speaker into the green slot in the back of my case. My motherboard is the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.
Whenever I hover the cable near those plugs the speakers hum and buzz. However they do not work.
There are two slots on the front of my casee, one with an icon of headphones, however the speakers dont buzz if I hold it near them or work. . .
Any ideas
Sorry if its a silly problem
Any ideas on this?
EDIT: And yes these are the first speakers with this computer. I fear that maybe I do not know about the speaker configuration or sound cards. I bought the computer from the following option: (well very similar, I managed to get a few parts not listed in the upgrade part)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3700-AMD64-Sa...
ViewItem
Soundcard 7.1 on board - 8 channel
That seems to be the sound card, does thi affect anything?
They arrived today and I hastily unwrapped them and as I was downstairs I teseted them in my laptop by plugging them into the headphone socket and they worked wonderfully and the sound sounded great.
So then I take them upsstairs to connect to my desktop computer. I plug in the subwoofer place the speakers on my desk and plug the green headed cable from the main speaker into the green slot in the back of my case. My motherboard is the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.
Whenever I hover the cable near those plugs the speakers hum and buzz. However they do not work.
There are two slots on the front of my casee, one with an icon of headphones, however the speakers dont buzz if I hold it near them or work. . .
Any ideas
Sorry if its a silly problem
Any ideas on this?
EDIT: And yes these are the first speakers with this computer. I fear that maybe I do not know about the speaker configuration or sound cards. I bought the computer from the following option: (well very similar, I managed to get a few parts not listed in the upgrade part)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3700-AMD64-Sa...
ViewItem
Soundcard 7.1 on board - 8 channel
That seems to be the sound card, does thi affect anything?