Speaker Suggestions?

minormorin

n00b
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
4
My logitech 2.1 speakers just broke. I really want to get a new set soon.

The music I listen to tends to work better with speakers with good treble. Since I don't care much about bass, the subwoofer doesn't need to be included.

If I were to get a set of 2.0 speakers of just two desktop speakers, would I be able to blast them loud and not have the bass have a negative affect on the sound?

I just want an affordable set of speakers (sub-$100) that will be able to handle being played loud and keep the sound quality nice and crisp.

Any suggestions?
 
Its hard to do what you want at $100. Are you open to used options?
 
I'm more into finding out the best standard options out there that I could get at a best buy/target/walmart. If that sounds reasonable.

Do you know if the bose 2.0 speakers have good sound quality when played at a loud volume?

Thanks.
 
Take a look at the Alesis 320 USB, digital interface, no soundcard needed,

http://www.alesis.com/m1active320usb

I got them at Daddy's junky music a couple of years ago for around 100$, but that's when they were first on the market, they might have come down since then,

they sound great to me,

have a set in my garage, which is 30 X 32, and there loud enough, I have them running off my laptop,

to really crank it up, they could use a little more power, but that's a big room for a little speaker..

when I get some money, might get the bigger 520 USB and put these in my computer room..
 
I'm definitely trying to keep it on the cheaper side seeing as I am in college and have other things I'd like to buy with my money.

Is there a big difference between some standard 20 dollar speakers I can pick up at target and the bose companion 2's...or would I just be paying for the name? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend $100 on speakers. Can someone let me know if its worth it?
 
I'm definitely trying to keep it on the cheaper side seeing as I am in college and have other things I'd like to buy with my money.

Is there a big difference between some standard 20 dollar speakers I can pick up at target and the bose companion 2's...or would I just be paying for the name? I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend $100 on speakers. Can someone let me know if its worth it?

Are you in a dorm, apartment, or living at home?
 
Back
Top