Speaker suggestions?

McG2k1

Limp Gawd
I've finally gotten permission from The Generalissimo (my wife) to get some home theater speakers. I'd love some suggestions.

I can't get anything too hardcore because we live in an apartment, so big bass is pretty much right out. I was looking at the bose acoustimass series because of their small size and they seem to be pretty well respected. I'm sure they're massively over priced though so I'd love some alts.

Price range is 500-1000 for the set. either 5.1 or 7.2 is fine. I'll primarily be using these for the NFL and blu-ray movies. Being compact is the most important factor I think, then of course sound and build quality.

McG

Yeah I anticipate it'll be a 5.1 system. That $ is for speakers only. I have a separate budget for receiver. I'll get one of the onkyo's everyone gets.

how about an Epik subwoofer? The Dynasty runs about $1300.
It's awesome. My friend has his Dynasty in my basement indefinitely.

how about an Epik subwoofer? The Dynasty runs about $1300.
It's awesome. My friend has his Dynasty in my basement indefinitely.

read the thread.

within your budget, I like the Mirage Omni bookshelf speakers (yeah I know I'm gonna get flamed because I'm not being like everyone else and saying ZOMFMFMGIKGASDKFFASJD ENERGY ZPOMASMFGJASDFASGHDASF!!!!!!!!!!)

I'd also just grab the Mirage sub with the package, like nanosat or omnisat lines, very nice 5.1/7.1 surround quality

I would also take a look at Klipsch's Cinema Reference packages, which are also good for the money, look good, etc

neither is too hard for a cheapie receiver to handle

Thx for the input guys. I smurfed around the avs forums for awhile and everyone seems to be pretty hip to the Engery Take Classic linked above. I ordered those and an Onkyo 607. Neither are overkill or uber but it'll sail under the radar pretty well.

cool post some pics when you get everything setup.

I love my onkyo 605 and would love to have 2 more HDMI inputs

Back