Speaker Setup

TeamStrykerCore

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
1,439
I just bought the XFI Extreme Gamer Card

I can finally hear treble properly haha.

Anyways! I have an old Creative 5.1 setup.

Reallllly small sattelite speakers and the rear two speakers aren't even
"amped" so no sound comes out of them. Very stupid... $50 setup.

I want a nice 2.1 / 5.1 setup / 7.1 setup for the price. Bang for your buck special.

You can see that's what my rig is all about. Im very interested in Klipsch, but they are really pricey.

Will you guys please post speaker setups you have used / setup i may be in terested in that's going to thump bass and provide me with a nice theatre / gaming experience.
 
I have to toss my vote in for Kiplish. I have the Promedia 5.1, and not only have they taken a beating with moving and so forth, but they really continue to impress me.

Pricey? Absolutely. Worth it? You better believe it!
 
What is your budget actually? Klipsch maybe has a better sound but for connectivity, I would sugggest Logitech Z-5500, you can use it with consoles as well. For a lower price, I think that Z-5300e is also hard to beat. X-530 is cheaper but the sound can be considered good for its price. Creative Gigawork is also a good speaker for its price but Z-5500 still has the advantage of having more inputs.
 
Well I definately wanted to get the 5.1 Klipsch Setup

They are definately my style. I just setup a HTPC server,
and my main gaming rig is awesome. I just dont know what's
the best to get for the money to last quite a while.

http://www.shentech.com/promediaultra51dh.html

Is that similar to what I should be looking for.
What price should i expect to pay for a decent Klipsch setup?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm not experienced in audio and I want
to buy the right setup the first time.
 
My budget is up in the air actually. I didnt want to spend $300 - $500 for speakers.

I know I wont be spending $50, but Maybe between the $75 and $250 price range depending on quality / bang for the buck type of purchase.
 
It is hard to say which speaker is the best bang for the buck because the more you pay, the better speaker you'll get. The speakers I've mentioned above and Klipsch Promedia are all the best bang for the buck in their price range. You just need to decide what you want and how much you want to pay. Btw I've heard that Klipsch Promedia has some sort of a problem with the amp.
 
I appreciate the help. Hmm Scratches head.

Any more suggestions guys that I can lookup and compare etc.
 
Back
Top