Speaker Setup Question

bencho

2[H]4U
Hey,

I got a weird setup right now, really did it to get a my music a little louder and to fill up the room. I got a 2.1 setup with the two speakers next to my monitor. then I got an audio splitter and that line goes to my receiver which is firing two more fronts from my right side. basically:
X = speakers lined to PC
Y = speakers lined to receiver
Sub is under my monitor

X MONITOR X

----------ME--------Y

-----------------------Y

Is this good or bad? Any opinions? Comments?

Is there any particular reason why you have the Y speakers only on your right-hand side (space issues?)? I'm assuming you have already tried using the Y speakers as rear speakers?

Uh... yea, no where else to put the 2nd set. I dont want to do rear speakers because the sound card i have (Audigy 2) only puts out EAX Bass EQ for 2.1, rear speakers shut off.

The Y speakers are outputting both left and right channels to your right side.

So, aside from hearing things that are supposed to be on your left, on your right side... there's nothing wrong with it.

Personally, that would drive me nuts, Left should be to my left and only to my left, and right should be the same way.

When watching a movie, and there's an explosion off to the left, you wouldn't want to hear it also to your right.

You could put both the X and Y speakers next to eachother...

[Y-left] [X-left] [monitor] [X-right] [Y-right]

or put them behind you and continue to use the splitter so that the room is filled with sound more, but your left and right channels are still appropriately placed...

[X-left] [monitor] [X-right]
.........[your seat]..........
[Y-left] ........... [Y-right]

It just seems completely illogical to have it setup like you do right now...

[X-left] ..... [monitor] ..... [X-right]
...............[your seat].....[Y-left]
....................................[Y-right]

Phimp-
oh my god. you are absolutely right. im a freaking noob. thats why my head has been hurting....was wondering why it sounded off. thanks for bringing this to my attention

Back