Speaker question

sdgserv

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
1,034
What does this mean "Extremely linear frequency response" ?
Looking at different speakers and I see this alot. And what does it sound like?
 
Do you understand what frequency response is?

An ideal frequency response graph would almost be a straight line. (or as a bunch of marketing crap, extremely linear...)
 
Ok here goes..
I understand a straight line in a graph..In this contex, that would be a line that is linear..Correct?
I think I got it..I found this definition
"An ideal sound system component has a perfectly linear response. This means that the ratio of the output and the input signal magnitude is always exactly the same"

So the output or sound the speaker makes should be the same as the source or as close as one can get?

Nice link Mister X..spent the last 2 hours in Google land

The reason I even asked this question is because of my Tannoy Speakers. I have not been that happy with them. And I did not know why, that is because they are very Linear. According to their ads
For me linear does not give the sound a rich quality. And that is what I am missing

Thank you

PS..Kinda like a GS-1 vs PPAv2
 
Back
Top