speaker issues

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
currently i'm running two r30s and a dayton sub off and old sansui amp. anyways everything was working fine until earliery today when i noticed sound stopped coming out of my right speaker. at first i though it was the speaker, but then figured out it was not. then i thought it was the amp's problem so i tried to play my xbox through it and everything worked fine. the rca to headphone cord i use is fairly new, but could that be the problem? or did something magically change on my computer's configuration that i can't detect?

The first thing you should do is grab a known working pair of headphones and plug them into your sound card and see if you can hear sound through both chanels. If you can maybe something happened to the patch cable.

If the headphones don't work, double click the speaker icon in the system tray and make sure that the balance control (both for master volume and wave) is set in the center.

Beyond that i'm not sure, that's kind of weird. I'm glad it didn't die on you.

o0akoni0o said:
currently i'm running two r30s and a dayton sub off and old sansui amp. anyways everything was working fine until earliery today when i noticed sound stopped coming out of my right speaker. at first i though it was the speaker, but then figured out it was not. then i thought it was the amp's problem so i tried to play my xbox through it and everything worked fine. the rca to headphone cord i use is fairly new, but could that be the problem? or did something magically change on my computer's configuration that i can't detect?

Check to see if all the cords are in :eek:

o0akoni0o said:
or did something magically change on my computer's configuration that i can't detect?

What card do you have (sorry did'nt look at your sig if its in there)

Its NOT the speakers<<you said

Its NOT the amp<<you said

1. Its the patch cord<<<must be a POS since you just got this setup going

2. The settings in windows got changed? (maybe you downloaded something that reset them to default?)

Im not thinkin this is hardware related.

Edit: unless you bought the cheapest piece of shit cord you could find? Then it just might be your cable

Back