• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Speaker crackling after overclock

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
2,029
I overclocked my AMD64 3000+ to 1961mhz by just upping the FSB, however my left speaker now crackles every once and awhile, do you think this has something to do with the overclock or is my speaker just getting old and crappin out?
 
Well I see a few ways you could address this problem... You could reduce your overclock, even back to stock speeds, and see if the crackling persists. Or, you could try a different set of speakers. Either way you'll figure something out that you don't know now.
 
Odds are you haven't locked your PCI bus. Your sound card is getting more voltage than it should, which is causing the pops. Try locking it and see what happens.
 
Even if it's on your board, it still runs through the same bus (someone slap me if I'm wrong). I've had the same problem myself. GL


 
Typically you can set the AGP/PCI rate from 66 to (I forgot). I think the number you should set it to to lock it is 67 typically.
 
Back
Top