Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
theres a tip / ring / shield on a standard stereo headphone plug
the shield is the biggest contact oposite of the tip, the ring is well, the middle connector.. get it
the tip and the shield make up the left channel (white)
the ring and the shield make up the right channel (red)
the digital signal might only be decoded as stereo by your receiver but it should work
Yes. (If its not the white side, then it will be the red part).Someone told me that if I want to use the spdif out 3.5mm on my audigy 2 card with a receiver I can just take a 3.5mm to rca Y splitter and just connect the White side to the receiver cause spdif only uses the white side anyway. Is this true?
Yes. (If its not the white side, then it will be the red part).
The Audigy 2 can out uncompressed digital stereo audio, or 5.1 that has been pre-encoded using Dolby Digital or DTS compression, most commonly found in movie DVDs. It can't output surround game audio using SPDIF, it can only do so with the analog outputs.Now I am confused, if I use the Y splitter and use the side that works will it be capable of digital 5.1 or just stereo?
The Audigy 2 can out uncompressed digital stereo audio, or 5.1 that has been pre-encoded using Dolby Digital or DTS compression, most commonly found in movie DVDs. It can't output surround game audio using SPDIF, it can only do so with the analog outputs.
That should work just fine.Can anyone chime in on whether it matters if that 3.5mm to RCA adapter be stereo or mono?
I hate to to be a spoilsport, but using anything but a S/PDIF cable will cause an impeadance mismatch, regardless of the plugs used.
If you enable SPDIF passthrough in the Creative Audio Console, the A2 will pass the AC3 audio directly to the receiver and you'll get 5.1 audio.I decided to just use 3 Y splitting 3.5mm to stereo RCA cables and connect to the receiver with 5.1 analog... From what I can make out the SPDIF will just be in stereo when playing an avi using a AC3 surround sound codec and that is what this will mostly be used for...
No.Just wondering... do those X-fi cards encode multichannel audio via SPDIF? Such as games?
If you enable SPDIF passthrough in the Creative Audio Console, the A2 will pass the AC3 audio directly to the receiver and you'll get 5.1 audio.
Hard to say, may depend on your receiver. Probably just try both methods and see which one you like better.Do you think there will be a noticeable difference in sound quality by using SPDIF instead of analog?
Are you saying that the introduction of the RCA-to-miniplug adapter causes an impedance mismatch? Is that a problem?
Well I guess I can understand that, but without that adapter how else are we suppose to get a digital out from our Audigys?