Spasticteapot's FS/T post of awesome stereo and sound goodness! Also, capacitors!

SpasticTeapot

Limp Gawd
Heatware is under Cheesehead. I'll ship first if you've got 50+ positive heat.
NO SALES WILL BE MADE FOR AT LEAST TWO DAYS. I still need to set up a PayPal account. (PMOs are accepted, although I do not trust my post office.)
Shipping is NOT included in the price of these items.

For Sale/Trade:
Capacitors:
I've got a TON of Nichicon 12,000uf 35V capacitors. Put 'em on your 12v leads, and help keep your power supply stable. Or use them on a car stereo, or something.

Speakers:

1. Bose surround/Cambridge mini-woofer combo:

This setup uses a pair of small Bose surrounds with a small Cambridge woofer. Sounds nice (especially if you're into Bose stuff), and it takes up nearly no room; add a small amplifier, and you have a perfect system for the kitchen.
See the surrounds here: http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N
110$, although I will take offers. I'm extremely open to trades, too.

2. KLH center channel speaker
Nothing special, but it works well enough. I've now got a proper Cambridge center-channel speaker, so it's time to let this one go.
A steal at 25$.

3. Cambridge "The Surround" rear-channel speakers for the Ensemble systems:
These side-firing dipole surrounds do an extremely good job of, well, surrounding you with sound. (Gronk.) They're now discontinued, but work marvellously with your choice of stereo components.
Check out the reviews here: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/spea.../cambridge-soundworks/PRD_119262_2742crx.aspx
Note that these are in excellent condition, and are NOT "B-stock".

More to arrive soon.

Amplifiers/Recievers:

1. MCS 3245 reciever with matching equalizer.
This is some of retro sound's best. Although sold through Sears under the name Modular Component Systems, it was in fact purchased from Matsushita, which we know better as Panasonic. This is a vintage solid-state unit capable of pushing at least 50-60 watts per channel; with efficient speakers, that's a heck of a lot of sound. (With my Baby Advents, it would nearly knock out your eardrums.)
I've done a bit of restoration work on it; it's had all of the connectors cleaned, the pots cleaned, and the rotary switches lightly sanded. (No more sparking.!)
It sounds great, and although I've yet to use it, the phono preamps in these recievers are supposed to be excellent. It's even got a built-in rumble filter and "matrix" surround for 16-ohm speakers!
Note that this will ONLY work with 8-ohm speakers. (6-ohm may work as well). 4-ohm speakers will damage it.

Only 80$, including spiffy equalizer with lots of LEDS. Pictures to follow soon.

2. Gainclone & DIY stereo parts. I'd like to trade for these, but offers are accepted.
This is for the true DIYer. If you're interested in building the famous "Gainclone" DIY amplifier, I've got tons of parts.
These include:
4 Signal (brand) transformers with dual secondaries; the first is rated for 48V center-tapped at 330VA, and the second is 14v center-tapped at 40VA. I can convert these into four seperate secondaries; two 24v secondaries and two 7v secondaries, which can be wired in paralell. These are 220V transformers; cut the voltages listed in half for US use.

A bag of 12,000uf 50V Nichicon capacitors.

A 330VA toroidial transformer with 36VCT out on 110v.

Ask if you need anything else.

Back