• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sparkle Gold Class 1000W

innermoon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
160
Hi everyone,
I got this Sparkle PSU few days ago new for $100. The part number is GW-EPS1000DA
Is it a good power supply? I search around for review and I can't find anything.
I never heard of them before, is it some Chinese branch? I have some bad experience with cheap PSU (Kill three of my HD and a lot of my work).
So I am not sure should I keep it.
Find it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Class-80plus-Supply-GW-EPS1000DA/dp/B003KYST9W
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sparkle makes some really top notch stuff. They are well renown.

But like many corporations, it wouldn't surprise me if they push some mediocre crap on the consumer market. No clue about the model you got.
 
Sparkle makes some really top notch stuff. They are well renown.

But like many corporations, it wouldn't surprise me if they push some mediocre crap on the consumer market. No clue about the model you got.
 
I can't find any mention of a "1000W gold class" PSU on their site... I see Magna 1000W... I'd be leery, especially for that price, where'd you get it?
 
Sparkle makes some really top notch stuff. They are well renown.

But like many corporations, it wouldn't surprise me if they push some mediocre crap on the consumer market. No clue about the model you got.

Yeah, that is why I try to get some advice, too many good company just put their name on crap and sell it for three time more.
 
The 1000W Sparkle PSU is a very good unit. For $100, it's definitely a great deal and I would keep it if I were you. Keep in mind this Sparkle is not the same company as Sparkle Power, which is a subsidiary of FSP. This Sparkle is a graphics card manufacturer, and this PSU is actually made by a Chinese company called Great Wall.
 
I read a review on one of these Sparkle units (1250w model), and it wasn't too bad. I believe it met all its load ratings, + 80+ Gold. Ripple was great, the only issue was it squealed at load (coil whine). For $100, it doesn't seem bad...I doubt the 1kw unit is of significantly less quality then the 1250w unit. The review I am remembering was from jonnyguru.com...so it was a very trustworthy review.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I got this Sparkle PSU few days ago new for $100. The part number is GW-EPS1000DA
Is it a good power supply? I search around for review and I can't find anything.
I never heard of them before, is it some Chinese branch? I have some bad experience with cheap PSU (Kill three of my HD and a lot of my work).
So I am not sure should I keep it.
Find it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sparkle-Class-80plus-Supply-GW-EPS1000DA/dp/B003KYST9W

Sparkle is a great brand. I bought a video card from them and it has been so far, so good. I am sure their power supplies are decent as well, check reviews
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sparkle is a great brand. I bought a video card from them and it has been so far, so good. I am sure their power supplies are decent as well, check reviews

I had a video card made by them long time ago, but just never know they make power supplies, it is good to know this unit is not bad at all, and for $100, I guess it is a really good deal. I will keep it and hope this Great Wall PSU with Sparkle is solid.
 
Back
Top