Spam solutions - postini vs mxtoolbox vs others?

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
I have been using Postini for a while now, and have some of my clients on it, but lately I haven't been so impressed with the spam results. It's better then the software based clients that I tried, or then what is built into my firewall, but still not the best.

I have looked at mxtoolbox solution of Emergency Mail and Junk Mail and they look interested. If mail server goes down you can go up on a temp zimbra server.

Waiting on pricing for that, but what are you guys using for spam?

Barracuda Spam Firewall 300 appliance. Love it. Maintenance is $1,000 for 3 years / unlimited domains.

You may be talking about personal spam control. In that case, I use Gmail for my personal account. It does all the work for me.

we looked into postini but over here in the uk we would have had to become a reseller ourselves which isn't really the direction we wanted to go in at this present time.

as a result of which we started to look around for others, and found messagestream. we're still making initial contact with them, but on the face of it they look very good.

not only do they handle your spam filtering (amongst other things) they also provide webmail access to your domains in the event of server outtages.

once were up and running with a trial i will quite happily provide a review if it would prove useful?

any other options? i think we used to use appriver before and went to postini.

I use securence. The nice thing about securence is for someone like you the clients can all be nested so you can make master changes that affect all of them.

No idea how much Postini costs. I'm currently using MXLogic.com.

Back