• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Spacious 7L Cube Idea (ITX) - A smaller prodigy

Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
3
This place has become a dump for ITX ideas so here is mine. I would personally love to have a case like this, a smaller prodigy with ample space.

22x22x14 Version (LP GPUs)

5iuFasQ.png


22x22x22 Version (TALL ITX GPUs)

5eBZVyM.png




Just throwing a thought in seeing as so many people are right now.
 
Last edited:
The dimension don't add up.

Mainboard and GPU is easily 14cm all by itself. The lower chamber adds at least 7cm, so you might as well go 22cm and make it a cube.
 
It's a low profile GPU, so I've marked that as 8CM (6.2cm for the card, the rest for motherboard headers and additional misc space).

As for the lower chamber, a SFX PSU is 5.1CM tall, so I gave it 6CM for rubber spaces below the PSU.

But I did consider making it a full height GPU, therefore with say a tall ITX GPU (such as the ASUS 970 ITX) it will require 12.5CM + Some space, so we could indeed go 22x22x22.

My thoughts are that the typical prodigy layout is fantastic but overly spacious.

UPDATED post with 22x22x22 version.
 
Last edited:
It's a low profile GPU, so I've marked that as 8CM (6.2cm for the card, the rest for motherboard headers and additional misc space).

As for the lower chamber, a SFX PSU is 5.1CM tall, so I gave it 6CM for rubber spaces below the PSU.

But I did consider making it a full height GPU, therefore with say a tall ITX GPU (such as the ASUS 970 ITX) it will require 12.5CM + Some space, so we could indeed go 22x22x22.

My thoughts are that the typical prodigy layout is fantastic but overly spacious.

That is not true, unfortunately. SFX PSUs are 63.5mm tall, so give it 7+ cm.
8cm seem very speculative to me, the card takes up about 63,58 (REF to inner edge of bracket + 0,86 (bracket thickness) + ~1mm (tolerance for folded bracket lips) = 65,44mm, so say 66mm. Adding the height of the the PCIe board connector (11.25mm), the thickness of a mainboard PCB (~1mm+) and the minimal height for motherboard standoffs (6.35mm), we arrive at 84,04mm, so I would go for at least 8.5cm or 9.

Also please don't just dump an idea you had and scratched in paint with wrong dimensions onto this forum. It wouldn't have hurt to download sketchup, get the accurate models for PCIe cards and mainboards and test out your layout that way, at least the dimensions would've been correct, and you can also see quite fast if an idea is worthwhile or not.

I personally think that the compromise of using a low-profile GPU is not worth it.

EDIT: I see you updated the post to include a variant with an ITX GPU.
Did you factor in that most ITX GPUs are actually wider than the standard allows? Why not use a 200mm fan in the front when you already have a 22cm edge length cube? What volume does that concept have?
 
Back
Top