Sp2500 vs promedia (another one, sorry!)

Chad11491

n00b
Hey all, I'm looking for opinions from anyone whose owned or heard both.

I bought the sp2500 a week ago, and the left satellite only produced sound out of the tweeter.

I returned it and bought the promedia 2.1 , which I am happy with. But with the egg having the sp2500 for 160 I was wondering if I should return the promedias and give the corsairs another go.

From the hobbled experience I had with them, the 2500's seemed to have a more spacious and less "in your face" soundstage than the promedias. Which I preferred, and I feel like the sub was more musical.

Any more opinions from those who've fully heard both? Thanks.

damn it not in before first t-amp suggestions

but yeah spaceman is right... (or I concur return pro media's) get bookshelf speakers and sub and t-amp / or used (or new receiver/ integrated amp).

personally I'd suggest the Topping TP20 MKII t-amp over that dayton

http://www.amazon.com/Topping-TP20-MK2-TA2020-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B005F5U86G

and I'm dubious of those monoprice speakers ... (apparently to Blue Falcon's annoyance..bahahaha) see my millions of threads on killer vintage speakers I have picked up for cheap

today's being some killer B&W V202 (rather gigantic if i'm honest ..but bookshelf notwithstanding ) bookshelf speakers for $20 .. my favorite some also kinda big JBL L1's for $40 and if you need smaller speakers I have also multiple set's of Minimus and optimus speakers (nice sounding and very compact ) and my awesome $5 teac LS-MC80's i got last week... but I make it rain vintage / used speaker apparently cause I seem to stumble across of pretty nice deals.

but there are also many nice new bookshelf speakers for not too much polk, dayton B652, pioneer has some good stuff,

right now I'm very excited about these
MORDAUNT SHORT Carnival 1 for $99

http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=item&id=MORDCARN1CAL&gclid=COnFlNDnlrYCFQjhQgodKD4AOg

i think if i was you and i only had about $170 (price of the sp2500 you mention) I would get the carnival 1's and the topping T-amp for now.. and then add a sub down the road maybe..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would too. I like that UK sound.

I know the monoprice speakers are meh but they still are better than promedias or corsairs stuff.

I wish the speaker company was still around. They had some decent entry level speakers.

Back