• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SP2 firewall...Use it?

Riftgarde said:
Evil Trojan: I want to send you some cd keys and passwords.
Evil Trojan Data Collector: Ok, I am ready send away.
Windows Firewall: Sorry Evil Data Collector, I'm not letting you talk to the Evil Trojan.
Evil Trojan: Hello? Are you there? hello? I give up.
The Windows Firewall does not have an Intrusion Detection System to identify a trojan. It would do nothing to prevent the connection. Sygate Pro would alert you to a trojan connection attempt.
 
I am done, you obviously can not see the light. You have no idea how stateful firewalls work.

You have nothing that backs up your argument, yet I have eveything that backs up mine..

So I will not be responding any further on this topic since you are appearing to act as a troll.
 
topperharley said:
The Windows Firewall does not have an Intrusion Detection System to identify a trojan. It would do nothing to prevent the connection. Sygate Pro would alert you to a trojan connection attempt.
It's not intrusion detection that Windows Firewall does. Once again, you're expecting something different than what it actually is.
 
Back
Top