• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SP 120 with no fan

kumarpr2

n00b
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
24
I just received the thermal right sp120. However the120mm fan that have is not going to be compatible with the heat sin.

With that said can I still run the PC if I run everything at stock?

Can I game with the PC if everything stock until tomorrow morning when I can get a compatible fan, Doom3 and WofW?

I have two intake fans, one blow hole and one rear exhaust fane all 80mm.

Thanks a ton for any info.
 
I'm assuming you mean XP-120, and no, you must have a 120mm fan on top blowing down (or up) on it to suffiently cool your CPU.
 
We can't read your mind :) What kind of system do you have? CPU?
It's possible to run it fanless with a low power proc. But since you're talking about running Doom3, I'm guessing you have something pretty beefy, So I'd say you can't run it without a fan.
 
Thats why I decided on the thermaltake fanless 103.
The fewer fans I have to listen to the better.
 
It’s an amd 64 3500+ 90nm. I guess I have waited this long I can wait one more day to get a compatible 120 fan.

Thanks for the quick response.
 
What kind of 120mm fan do you have that is not compatible...Why is it not compatible(to big, to small, etc)...
 
Yea that's going to need a fan. I'd pickup a panaflo or something and mod it to 7v.
 
i run my panaflo at pretty much 7v(60% in bios)... 106F load at 1.7v makes ABSOLUTELY no noise...
 
Back
Top